SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#134624 - 10/27/05 09:38 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
nielshs Offline

Hi Roel
Quote:
The Harddiskrecorder works perfect and sooooo easy to use
It generates 44.1kHz stereo WAV-files, so NO compression, NO quality loss

Then it must be easy for you to make a demo so we all can hear your fantastic new Tyros2. Come on give us a demo.

#134625 - 10/27/05 10:06 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
guillermo Offline

Loc: spain
Dear Roel ,
My highest congratulations with your tyros 2!
I am sure this is the best keyboard you even bought .
Do you remember one of our first one’s ?
The technics 2000 ?
That was I believe 15 years ago.
But…I like to ask you something :
As you know in autumn I always make a cd for my family , friends and relations with 15 X-mas songs , played by my own on my 9000 pro .[ background music for the dinner]
I give them that cd as X-mas greetings and happy new year wishes in december .this year for the fifth time !
It should be me a honour when there will be on that cd one or two instrumental x-mas songs played by YOU on your TYROS 2 .
Is that possible ?
The choice of the songs is yours but I am by example thinking about the beautifull song “kartsmis bij us groetmoe thuus “.
Of course there will be a note at the cover of the cd that is your performance .
Please will you think about it ?
Coming saterday there will be a demonstration of the tyros 2 in this part of our country
[ noordwijk , shop :music all in ] .
I will be there of course and send you my report .
Have a nice weekend with your brand new tyros 2 !
Guillermo .

#134626 - 10/27/05 10:40 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Roel Offline

Hi Guillermo (WILLEM!)

It's good to see you here my friend
Sure Willem, of course I'll do my very best to 'beat' your PSR9000 with my toyish looking Tyros2. My toy has some nice XMAS styles.

Fran:
I'm sorry but for me it is hard to understand a 'PRO' is writing the 1997 (stone-aged) G1000 (soundengine CANVAS-SC55 alike) cannot be replaced by the latest hi-tech kb's You must be kidding !!??

You probably got too used to G1000 and have problems with changing gear ?
Please wake up my friend !!

It looks like you did not take time to read my review in which I wrote about the great keyfeel, realistic sounds etc. Of course, I know I'm not a PRO (like you are) but do know what is excellent- or 'stone-age' stuff.

#134627 - 10/27/05 11:02 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
When i switched from the va5 to tyros1 the difference was night and day. Roland sounds will never be as realistic as tyros1 and the roland drums are very weak and lacks the punch of tyros1. The styles on my va5 were not usable. Now the g70 sounds and styles suck just more than my va5. I think the difference between g70 and psr3000 is night and day in favour of the psr3000 afcourse. I love the vibrato effect that yamaha wisely puts in the appropriate sounds

#134628 - 10/27/05 11:09 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
With each step foward roland takes, it seems to take them 10 steps back.

#134629 - 10/27/05 11:27 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I can understand where Fran is coming from. We all have our own personal needs from a keyboard. The G-1000 suits Fran's needs and works well for him. Just because there's newer models doesn't mean he needs to dump the G-1000 and "get with the now". Hell I still see people playing Korg M1's and would rather die than lose that keyboard.

To be honest I think the T2 has some great sounds, but you know I still think Yamaha's styles reek of cheese. Why???? Simple.., OVER QUANTIZED. Yammies styles lack a natural feel. It's that "cheeze" feel they have that always are a dead give-a-way that it's a Yammie arranger. Mainly really weak drums tracks and bass lines. Yamaha has ALWAYS had weak drums in their arrangers. That's why I always trashed their drum kits found on $1,000 and up keyboards of theirs.

I still think the best styles I've heard today come from Ketron. Their styles just have so much power to them. They sound very natural. That's why I even think the Korg PA series has the edge too. A bands timing ins't dead on. You need just a little roughness to it. If Yammie backed off a bit on the quantization their styles would sound better in my opinion.

Fran keep playing that G-1000. If it works for you, gets the job done, and makes you smile then that's all that matters.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 10-27-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#134630 - 10/27/05 11:35 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:

To be honest I think the T2 has some great sounds, but you know I still think Yamaha's styles reek of cheese. Why???? Simple.., OVER QUANTIZED. Yammies styles lack a natural feel. It's that "cheeze" feel they have that always are a dead give-a-way that it's a Yammie arranger. Mainly really weak drums tracks and bass lines. Yamaha has ALWAYS had weak drums in their arrangers. That's why I always trashed their drum kits found on $1,000 and up keyboards of theirs.

I still think the best styles I've heard today come from Ketron. Their styles just have so much power to them. They sound very natural. That's why I even think the Korg PA series has the edge too. A bands timing ins't dead on. You need just a little roughness to it. If Yammie backed off a bit on the quantization their styles would sound better in my opinion.
Squeak []

Squeak,
I agree, Very well said .....I think you hit it right on the head this time on All Counts! Btw I too miss my old M1.....

#134631 - 10/27/05 12:48 PM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I agree with ya too Squeak... Totally. For me it has been like this with the PA80 as it is for Fran with the G1000. It has always worked for me and I never saw any need to change. As for a backup ? Yes I still value having one, but my Software system more than covers it. In fact, it's getting good enough that I can semi-retire the PA80 and relegate it to backup status at this point.

I can't say I miss my old M1 though I had it for a long time. It was a love-hate thing for me ..always. Loved some of the sounds and combis.. liked the key feel.

Hated that mine was one of the earliest ones available with the eeprom issue that caused it to lose everything internally several times. Unfortunately this started happening well after the warranty had expired, but Korg must have known anyway because it was fixed relatively early in the production run. I also didn't like the look all that much ( I KNOW Donny and I disagree here.. we've discussed this before.. lol ) .

Marketing is a wonderful thing. I'm sure those "new" Super Articulation voices sound great. On the other hand, what Yamaha isn't marketing is that they are finally starting to employ technologies that have been around for quite a while now, dating back to a couple Kurzweil models ago and available for quite a while through higher quality sample sets and specialty modules.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's great that these boards are evolving somewhat and I hope that those of us who buy them have great enjoyment. Heck, I might even consider a T2, if I come to the conclusion that it would work better and be a good value vs dollar than what I have available to me now. I also try to see through the marketing hype too though.

AJ

#134632 - 10/27/05 12:52 PM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I miss the M1 too. It is and always will be a great classic. I don't know..., I guess I just get frustrated with the battle of "keyboard power" here on the forum some times. It's almost like the "mine's bigger than yours" game.

What works for one person doesn't always work well for the other. What sounds great to others may not sound so hot to ssome. Is the T2 a good board? That along with just about every topic we talk about here is "subjective". After being a member here for several years now I've come to the conclusion that the Zone can at times be extremely biased towards Yamaha. Some people here are quite sensitive and the moment you say anything negative about Yamaha you can get verbally assaulted by either email or replies on the forum. I've talked to numerous forum members who also said they feel they have to watch what they say about Yamaha.

Personally I think Yamaha arrangers are some of the most "overhyped" keyboards out there. Their styles are (in my opinion) quite cheezy and just down right blahhhhh. They rip the buyers off when it comes to construction quality, and still have the nerve to ask $1,500 for a keyboard with the same build quality of a $200 Casio. However these are my opinions. Some may agree some may not. The bottom line is were all here for one reason. To learn from one another and to share our experiences and ides so that we ALL as a WHOLE can grow.

Anyways sorry to rant.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#134633 - 10/27/05 12:54 PM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Roel Offline

Squeek,
Did you play the Tyros2 recently?
If not, please do and after that give your review again
The Tyros2 is much much better compared with PSR's or Tyros1 : Old styles are completely renewed and sound different.

Fran,
If the G1000 works for you, that's great, but why tell the 'world' your gear is the best over and over and over again?
Please accept other opinions and stop slamming other brands wherever/whenever you can !

Perhaps it's time for me to leave here, because I'm starting to dislike those annoying posts.

Donny will probably NOT repond with "Hit on the head" this time

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online