SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#134553 - 02/21/05 12:01 PM For the organists...great new interview with Jimmy Smith and Joey Defrancesco
jeremy_norbury Offline

Loc: Amsterdam,,The Netherlands
Title says it all - I was trawling round the Keyboard Magazine website when I just stumbled across this new interview (Feb 2005) with Jimmy Smith and Joey Defrancesco.

Enjoy.
http://www.keyboardmag.com/story.asp?sectioncode=29&storycode=134

Jerry
Amsterdam

#134554 - 02/21/05 12:52 PM Re: For the organists...great new interview with Jimmy Smith and Joey Defrancesco
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Thanks a lot, Jeremy....an intimate look at
what makes "giants of jazz" tick. It's all about soul, commitment and constant innovation.

Russ

#134555 - 02/22/05 04:06 AM Re: For the organists...great new interview with Jimmy Smith and Joey Defrancesco
jeremy_norbury Offline

Loc: Amsterdam,,The Netherlands
And the fact they started playing while still in the womb and practice 10 hours per day since has nothing to do with it, I guess...

I must say, I didn't realise that the two J's were so "close" to each other - but that certainly comes out of this interview.

I recently emailed Joey Defrancesco because I saw that he is offering "organ" lessons. Really. Of course these are not your average organ lessons and I guess they are more of an opportunity to spend some (expensive) time in a private one-on-one with the world's best organist. For anyone that's interested they are $200/hour.

Again in the wrong business...

Jerry
Amsterdam

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online