SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#134186 - 07/08/05 07:25 AM Re: UPS came and went....
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
As you know styles are easily available,,I am glad to hear, styles are basically the only major item on your G70 wish list...

Now if I can only find out what has turned others off...there must be an answer...maybe just indifference..

BTW, you are correct, there are a lot of sounds that reside in other banks [that are great]..after all, there can only be a single default patch to each tone..
Even with my G1000, some of my favorite patches are from the G800 bank and a couple from the E86 group..Same with my VA 7, I prefered many of the G1000 bank[maybe I am just use to them]tones...

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 07-08-2005).]

#134187 - 07/08/05 07:32 AM Re: UPS came and went....
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I think the price and the fact that it's hard to find is pissing people off. Also there really is no tweaking needed. when you use it in a live situation it sounds very good. I don't always agree with the sound selection or combiniation but it is very good.

I remember everybody crying about the SD1 being unstable and very hard to work with, but in the long run I think it was and still is one of the best arrangers ever made.

When the PA1x came out, people said the same thing, it doesn;t sound right, it's too expensive,

I have to give it to Yamaha but I think allot of people are blind to allot of Yamaha's problems,

How can you release a keyboard like the Tyros with the world's worst mic and voclizier set up, the board is designed for a one man band and yet they skimp on that?

What about the shape, where is this going to fit easily on a stand, come on?

It looks like a space ship control board. with toy piano keys

But It is a great board with great sounds styles and operating system, and many professional make this board really sing.

So everybody has their opinions, and mine is once Ketron releases a new board, I am there

#134188 - 07/08/05 08:07 AM Re: UPS came and went....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Frankieve, I totally agree. Can't wait for the Ketron. But of course, I'll check out the new Yamaha, if and when it gets to the states, in the meantime. I expect it toward the first of 2006, regardless of what Yamaha is hyping. But it could be sooner. I could be wrong.... Nahhh!
DonM

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online