SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#134009 - 07/28/03 01:18 PM Re: Tyros Foot Pedal- Yamaha Rep. Steve
Dnj Offline

Scott,

can you record a song for us using this contiuous fill method your talking about? I'd like to hear it myself.

#134010 - 07/28/03 03:00 PM Re: Tyros Foot Pedal- Yamaha Rep. Steve
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Scott,can you record a song for us using this contiuous fill method your talking about? I'd like to hear it myself.

Donny, you can easily experience the difference by trying this out yourself on the song "Brown Eyed Girl" (key of F). Play this song utilizing the Yamaha style: '60's Rock 1'. I play it at 148 bpm. You'll notice that style variation four's: 'one measure fill' contains continous 8th note hits throughout: total 8 per measure. When this specific fill is repeated (in looped succession) over several measures it's very effective in building energy (climax) before going into the next section of the song.

I utilize a continously repeating 'fill' during the song's 'transition section' where I play the V (C7) chord while repeatedly singing "Do You remember when". and then have the repeating fill continue as I sing: "we used to sing", and then have the fill play one last time as I lead into the next section which goes: "Sha la la la la la la la la la la la te da ..... etc".

I think the best way to appreciate the repeating "self fill" (via footpedal) feature is to try it out (for yourself) on your PSR2000. You'll quickly notice that the only way to successfully achieve this is by utilizing the 'repeating fill' capability. If you're utilizing the left hand to both play the chord & supply a keyboard sound rhythm section (as I do), the only possible way to trigger a continous fill loop is keeping the foot pedal held down continously thru the desired section of the song.

I urge all Yamaha arranger players (9000pro, PSR2000, PSR2100, and Tyro alike) to try this out on your kbs and 'report back' your findings. I'm convinced that you will all hear what a tremdous advantage the footpedal activated 'repeating fill' feature can provide in bringing more excitement to certain songs.

Scott

#134011 - 07/28/03 03:10 PM Re: Tyros Foot Pedal- Yamaha Rep. Steve
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Donny, Scott et al,
The fill to repeat is like some of the other goodies in the PSR2000 in that, if not careful, you can over use it. But, since discovering this feature I have programmed it into some of my more rock oriented songs..."Brown Eyed Girl" and Rod Stewart's "This Old Heart of Mine" to name two. It really does add some adrendilin when used in the right places...plus keeps your hands on the keyboard without having to punch the variation buttons.

And for some of your latin songs, try setting your pedal to "Percusion" and adding in some real latin flavor. These are nice little spices for your musical recipes.
Eddie

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online