SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#133678 - 02/27/03 09:32 PM My Gutzy, Godmother !! I'm SO proud !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
My Godmother is in the news this week. She is the principle of a Catholic school in Delaware. She's the PERFECT role model for kids today. She stands up for what she believes in to the end ! I'm very, very proud to be her nephew!Check it out:

WILMINGTON, Del. (CNS) -- Bishop Michael A. Saltarelli of Wilmington expressed his unqualified support of a local Catholic school for firing a religion teacher who signed a newspaper advertisement supporting legal abortion. "I am very, very pleased and proud of the administration's response to a very difficult situation," the bishop told The Dialog, Wilmington's diocesan newspaper. Barbara Griffin, president of Ursuline Academy, fired Michele Curay-Cramer five days after her name was one of more than 600 that appeared as a full-page advertisement in the Wilmington News Journal on Jan. 22, the 30th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade. The middle-school teacher had worked at the independently owned, private Catholic school for 18 months.

#133679 - 02/28/03 05:27 AM Re: My Gutzy, Godmother !! I'm SO proud !
trtjazz Offline

Hmmmm, I think I'll let my comments on this one slide by, but I am happy for you being happy Dave.

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#133680 - 02/28/03 07:01 AM Re: My Gutzy, Godmother !! I'm SO proud !
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
I'm with Terry on this one..the least said, the better. But.... happy you're happy. Brian

#133681 - 02/28/03 07:33 AM Re: My Gutzy, Godmother !! I'm SO proud !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I know we won't all aggree on this issue. I'm singing my aunt's praises for standing tall on what my family and our church stands for, and acting with conviction in spite of a divided social commentary.
Thanx for not opening a debate - that was never the intent. I'm just so happy that she is as strong as she is. It's a lifetime of "example" in one afternoon as my Godmother.

#133682 - 02/28/03 07:58 AM Re: My Gutzy, Godmother !! I'm SO proud !
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
UD, I get it now. Your God Mother was the president...Barbara Griffin. It was a bit confusing to me I guess...Brian

#133683 - 02/28/03 08:51 AM Re: My Gutzy, Godmother !! I'm SO proud !
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
UD,

The next time you look in the News Journal, take a look at their outdoor column--you'll see my By-Line. (everybody has to do something for a living)

cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#133684 - 02/28/03 09:14 AM Re: My Gutzy, Godmother !! I'm SO proud !
SBPC Offline

Loc: Goleta, CA, USA
UD,
I congratulate your Godmother for her courageous stand. It was also gratifying to see her getting the public support of her local bishop. I can understand why you are proud.
Paul C.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online