* Headphone and sustain pedal output jacks
* Two-way stereo speaker system with bass ports
* Music rest

YPG 525 - pretty much the same, differences:
* 88-key lightly weighted piano style keys
* Music Database includes 267 keyboard setups by song title

YPG 225 - defferences from the 625
* 76 piano style keys
* 489 XGlite/GM voices, the number of Live! sweet! and cool! voices is not mentioned.
I got this information from http://www.andysmusiconline.com . There you can find a picture of the YPG 625

Regards,
George

#133637 - 01/25/06 10:51 AM Re: about the new Yamaha YGP keyboards
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
In my opinion, these keyboards will replace the current DGX line.
A big plus for the 625 - the new Graded Hammer Standard keyboard, the same as that of the P70 piano.
After reading the specs I show a slight interest in the YGP 625. But considering that it lacks a line output (which means poor sound thourgh external amplifier), the fact soudwise it looks slightly better than my current keyboard (16 sweet, cool and live voices against 12 on the DGX-305), and last but not least that it will cost a fortune here - there is a small chance that I'll upgrade to this keyboard.

I admit that it is too early for such conclusion, we have to see Michel Vonken demoing it. Anyway, I am not as impatient to see the YGP 625 in the local store as I was when I was going to buy the DGX-305
Regards,
George

[This message has been edited by George V (edited 01-25-2006).]

#133638 - 01/25/06 02:47 PM Re: about the new Yamaha YGP keyboards
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by George V:

A big plus for the 625 - the new Graded Hammer Standard keyboard . . . we have to see Michel Vonken demoing it.

George, Though I didn't get to see Michel Vonken demo the YPG625 or P70 (he didn't make it to NAMM), I myself (at NAMM) had the opportunity to play these keyboards and feel they're wonderfully RESPONSIVE "fully weighted" piano graded action, yet easy to play for one who may not be accustomed to playing a fully weighted piano action keyboard as well.

To top this off, I had the priviledge of seeing Yamaha's Keyboard Artist: Martin Harris (who, imo ranks right up there with Voncken), put on an impressive stage demo of both the P70, YPG625, and Tyros2 keyboards, as evidenced by the following 'still shots' I grabbed from the video I shot of that exclusive event. Martin wowed us with his keyboard prowness playing both the digital pianos as well as Tyros2. Because he is one of the principal architects of Tyros2's styles & sounds, he really knew how to maximize the sound potential of Tyros2.

Scott

#133639 - 01/25/06 06:36 PM Re: about the new Yamaha YGP keyboards
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
George the biggest problem for me...would be the 32 voice polyphony in an arranger keyboard...My experiences with Yamaha keyboards in the past[with 32 polyphony], has been poor...I know you currently own a Yamaha 32 voice keyboard, and apparently it works for you....Many of us , it does not..some have problems with the 126 voice models[PSR 9000]..My 64 voice PSR2100 did not handle it well..
It is not limited to Yamaha..my Casio WK3000, 32 voice...same story..

#133640 - 01/25/06 10:24 PM Re: about the new Yamaha YGP keyboards
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
George, Though I didn't get to see Michel Vonken demo the YPG625 or P70 (he didn't make it to NAMM), I myself (at NAMM) had the opportunity to play these keyboards and feel they're wonderfully RESPONSIVE "fully weighted" piano graded action, yet easy to play for one who may not be accustomed to playing a fully weighted piano action keyboard as well.
Scott
Hi Scott,
That sounds great. It will help me improve my piano playing and I'll be able to record and share my solo piano compositions.
On the other hand, when I am in the market for a new keyboard I look for good additional voices and (considering it's an arranger) good styles.
Nothing was mentioned about external storage media.
I wonder what these additional sweet and cool voices are. Maybe the sweet oboe, or the sweet harmonica. What about some cool acoustic guitar sounds? Dreams...

George

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online