Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#133529 - 10/11/05 12:11 AM Roland G-70 - OS2 Demo Show videos available
weissefar Offline

The videos can be found here on the Roland User Club Denmark Website

#133530 - 10/11/05 02:55 AM Re: Roland G-70 - OS2 Demo Show videos available
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
I am really interested to see a G70 but there aren't any in my area (I can see pretty much every other make and model)

But now I have an opportunity to:

Join a Roland User group in Denmark
download several zipped segments of a video file
Unzip all the segments
download a "stitching" program
Run the downloaded executable to make a single playable video.
download a special codec to enable me to view the video

Anyone out there done this yet?
Is it worth investing a big chunk of time on it?

You've really got to be a diehard Roland user to do all this.

Dont get me wrong - I have had all kinds of Roland gear in the past and loved what they did but trying to see one with anything other than the first operating system or even just viewing demo's online is just too much effort.....or is it just me?

KF

#133531 - 10/11/05 03:31 AM Re: Roland G-70 - OS2 Demo Show videos available
o3bor Offline

I'm very curious of seeing the demo even if I own a G-70, so I'm slowly downloading the zip files in background.
I don't know in advance if it will be worth it, but it doesn't cost me too much effort.

Thanks, anyway, to G-70 Denmark User Club for their continued support to G-70 users.

#133532 - 10/11/05 04:46 AM Re: Roland G-70 - OS2 Demo Show videos available
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by KFingers:
I am really interested to see a G70 but there aren't any in my area (I can see pretty much every other make and model)

Unzip all the segments

Anyone out there done this yet?
Is it worth investing a big chunk of time on it?

You've really got to be a diehard Roland user to do all this.

Dont get me wrong - I have had all kinds of Roland gear in the past and loved what they did but trying to see one with anything other than the first operating system or even just viewing demo's online is just too much effort.....or is it just me?

KF

Excactly! Thankyou KFingers!
This has been my gripe with Roland as well. They might have great product, but when it comes to marketing, look to Yamaha. It should be as easy as to go to Roland's website, click the demo and off we go.

#133533 - 10/11/05 05:03 AM Re: Roland G-70 - OS2 Demo Show videos available
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Unzip all the segments

I also have a single file, but the User Club Members contacted me asking for the possibility to chop up the file, so people with slower connections could also download the file. Therefore, as a service to the people requesting it, you now download a number of files, before viewing the demo.

Personally I can recommend you to visit the official Roland website to see videos and other material.

The Roland User Club is definately a great place diehard Roland G-70 fans. Much effort is done to support users everywhere in the world. When a user club member takes his own private video camera and make a recording of a G-70 demo show just out of a good heart to show his fellow user club collegues, then that's fine with me, and it is certainly not something to blame Roland for... just think about it :-)

#133534 - 10/11/05 07:54 AM Re: Roland G-70 - OS2 Demo Show videos available
KFingers Offline

Synthsurfer - I'm grateful and thank you for all the trouble you have taken to allow us to see and hear the G70 with OS2/OS.

What I am saying is that, if it wasn't for people like you and your fellow members, I wouldn't be able to see what OS/2 on the G70 gives us.

But I do blame Roland for inadequately marketing their latest flagship arranger keyboard - It is easier to see Ketron and GEM products where I am and they are much smaller companies than Roland.

The G70 may be just what I am looking for - I have a Tyros and a Ketron but I want a single unit that gives most of what these both do. From what I've seen of the T2 (so far) I think there are some improvements but not enough to warrant an upgrade for me.

I just find Roland so frustrating....grrrr

Regards - Keith

#133535 - 10/11/05 09:24 AM Re: Roland G-70 - OS2 Demo Show videos available
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Here a movie how to use the Guitarmode
http://www.tastenwelt.de/audiobeispiele_6_050.0.html

Arno

#133536 - 10/11/05 12:19 PM Re: Roland G-70 - OS2 Demo Show videos available
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Two thumbs up for guitar mode!

#133537 - 10/11/05 02:25 PM Re: Roland G-70 - OS2 Demo Show videos available
Dnj Offline

AWESOME Guitars !!! AWESOME!!!!
The G70 is a serious piece of Music making machinery for sure!!! I hope Fran gets one soon so I can try it

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-11-2005).]

#133538 - 10/11/05 03:45 PM Re: Roland G-70 - OS2 Demo Show videos available
Dnj Offline

#133539 - 10/11/05 05:38 PM Re: Roland G-70 - OS2 Demo Show videos available
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
I must say that the Roland G-70 has some really wonderful features. That Guitar Mode looks great!

Tom G.

#133540 - 10/13/05 12:25 AM Re: Roland G-70 - OS2 Demo Show videos available
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I was very impressed with the construction of both the G70 & PA1X when we attended a recent 7 night keyboard festival.
The Guitar Mode on the G70 is a very nice useful feature. It's interesting to note that all these extra features added to v2 are FREE OS update. Optional is a plug-in board containing new styles & voices at £199. This is a little different to having to pay out £1500 to change T1 for a T2.
We have to admit that Roland just did not get the G70 as it should be when launched, but the dems I experienced during our week on G70 v2 by keyboard player Ralph Shink were excellent. What a lovely keybed feel to play.

#133541 - 10/13/05 01:45 PM Re: Roland G-70 - OS2 Demo Show videos available
nielshs Offline

Hi Graham

Your right. The G-70 should have sounded as it do now when it was launched nov. 2004. I got mine dec. 2004 and first after OS2 installed im 100% satisfided with the sound. Now it sounds like Roland. The new future Guitar Mode is a very nice tool for playing live and to make a guitar sound real in styles/songs. Now I rearly enjoy playing this fabulous keyboard.

[This message has been edited by nielshs (edited 10-13-2005).]

#133542 - 10/14/05 03:18 AM Re: Roland G-70 - OS2 Demo Show videos available
KFingers Offline

Looks like the G70 is getting there at last. The guitar mode is a great feature and now everything is not washed is reverb it's stating to look good.

Now - if only they would sell more competitively (for cheapskates like me - lol) I would be very interested.

Good stuff Roland - at last!!!!

KF

#133543 - 10/14/05 04:45 AM Re: Roland G-70 - OS2 Demo Show videos available
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I still don't understand why Roland doesn't sell this keyboard through normal Music Store Channels? If I can't see and play the darn thing, how am I supposed to fall in love and purchase it?

This is a Huge mistake on Rolands part.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#133544 - 10/14/05 03:03 PM Re: Roland G-70 - OS2 Demo Show videos available
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The rumor was; In the USA, when the G70 was first announced, it was to be part of Roland's MI division (regular stores, like G1000) and they announced a preliminary MAP for it. Either at the Spring NAMM, or just before, Roland went to their division heads and said 'we've got the G70 and the V-Accordions as new lines, which one do you want?' and the idiots in MI chose the V-Accordions!

So CK division got the G70 and immediately added $500 to the list price, and do not have to discount as heavily (if at all!) because they are not allowed to sell outside their territories. This is the first arranger without a speaker system that these hard to find stores have seen.

I wonder how well the V-Accordion is selling? ;-)

Just a rumor................. or is it?????

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 10-14-2005).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online