SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#133133 - 04/16/05 11:02 PM NEW TYROS for sale.......$20.00
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Newest and latest Scam on e-bay...new seller with 0 feedback will only accept money order or certified check...what do you think?? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38091&item=7316091836&rd=1

#133134 - 04/17/05 01:26 AM Re: NEW TYROS for sale.......$20.00
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Looks suspicious, but, could be for real. A phone call could clear up anyone's questions.

I used to wonder about people that start out with such a low starting price for an expensive product. In following these types of auctions for quite some time, it turns out that people will really get hooked on this type of auction. It give's them a chance to dream about stealing the object of their desire. They get so caught up in it and really buy into the idea they are going to get it, that in the excitement, these type of ads get more for their product than those that have a reserve.

The 3 day thing and the payment methods would definitely concern me if I were interested. But really, phones and asking if you can drive over and see it or pick it up personally should make it easy to distinguish between a good or bad situation.

Either way, paying by United States Postal Money Order would be the way to go if everything else looks clear. That way, if it should happen to turn out to be fraud, it becomes a Federal offense and the FBI will hunt down the guilty party.

Best
Scott Langholff
http://www.ScottLMusic.com

#133135 - 04/17/05 02:42 AM Re: NEW TYROS for sale.......$20.00
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
The bid has grown up to 405,- $US!!!

Hey, what's that? A 640x480 pix display on a 8" screen? I guess you'll need very good eyes...*LOL*

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#133136 - 04/17/05 07:31 AM Re: NEW TYROS for sale.......$20.00
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Hey This Guys even going to give you a free Power supply, Just what every tyros MIDI keyboard needs!

Where do you plug it in?

Wonder if the Tyros Midi keyboard is similar to the Tyros arranger?

#133137 - 04/17/05 08:26 AM Re: NEW TYROS for sale.......$20.00
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Looks suspicious, but, could be for real. A phone call could clear up anyone's questions.

I used to wonder about people that start out with such a low starting price for an expensive product. In following these types of auctions for quite some time, it turns out that people will really get hooked on this type of auction. It give's them a chance to dream about stealing the object of their desire. They get so caught up in it and really buy into the idea they are going to get it, that in the excitement, these type of ads get more for their product than those that have a reserve.

The 3 day thing and the payment methods would definitely concern me if I were interested. But really, phones and asking if you can drive over and see it or pick it up personally should make it easy to distinguish between a good or bad situation.

Either way, paying by United States Postal Money Order would be the way to go if everything else looks clear. That way, if it should happen to turn out to be fraud, it becomes a Federal offense and the FBI will hunt down the guilty party.

Best
Scott Langholff
http://www.ScottLMusic.com

Scott, what you are saying makes sence, however it just seems that there are so many of this type selling on e-bay that I just wanted to make members aware of it before someone here lost money and was taken...I did
buy my Tyros used but it was from a member of this forum, I have a friend that is interested in getting one so I keep my ears open and eyes pealed that's how I found out
about the e-bay post...thanks..BTW, Great web-site....Regards.
Tony Rome

#133138 - 04/18/05 02:01 AM Re: NEW TYROS for sale.......$20.00
Scott Langholff Offline

Up to $1225 now. It'll be interesting to see where this one ends up.

Also interesting is the bid history. Notice most of the bidders have "0" experience with ebay. There are 2 bidders with feedback from a few thousand people. I'm sure these are the ones that were trying to lowball a deal and turn around and sell it on ebay. One person has about 8 feedbacks.
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=7316091836

If it stayed around a few hundred, I was considering calling this seller myself, but I can see this one will probably shoot way up.

Ha, kind of fun. I get the biggest kick out of ebay.

Scott Langholff http://www.ScottLMusic.com

#133139 - 04/18/05 02:05 AM Re: NEW TYROS for sale.......$20.00
Scott Langholff Offline

I wonder where Electro Music United States is?

Hey!.........Wait!.........loungelyzard spotted it. It come's with the power supply........Man, and those suckers are expensive. Wow, if they include that power supply.........I'm...starting to want to bid.......lol

#133140 - 04/19/05 06:05 AM Re: NEW TYROS for sale.......$20.00
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
This item was removed by ebay itself...hmmm, very interesting...what has happened???

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online