SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#133080 - 03/17/05 03:17 PM Re: What are the sound module options right now?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluezplayer:
Also the VL150 plug in sax emulation usually turns a few heads when I use my breathe controller with it, and it sounds great to boot.

Uh huh. The breath controller. That's how they did it. Okay, how much do one of them cost. Just another 500 bucks. But I can play flute, so naturally I should own one of them. (If you can't tell, I'm in the middle of convincing myself to buy a MIDI wind controller.)

Only problem is, you can't plug a wind controller into the Motif Rack (just into the motif keyboard). Btw, how do you play keyboard if you are using two hands on the wind controller?

Thanks for all the info. It looks like I'm going to be involved in quite a bit of research now. Btw, would the roland horns be as good as the yamahas? I'm thinking that if I go hardware, I may want to go Roland as I have many more SRX expansion options.

Thanks again, Chony

#133081 - 03/17/05 03:21 PM Re: What are the sound module options right now?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Uh huh. The breath controller. That's how they did it. Okay, how much do one of them cost. Just another 500 bucks. But I can play flute, so naturally I should own one of them. (If you can't tell, I'm in the middle of convincing myself to buy a MIDI wind controller.)

Only problem is, you can't plug a wind controller into the Motif Rack (just into the motif keyboard). Btw, how do you play keyboard if you are using two hands on the wind controller?

Thanks for all the info. It looks like I'm going to be involved in quite a bit of research now. Btw, would the roland horns be as good as the yamahas? I'm thinking that if I go hardware, I may want to go Roland as I have many more SRX expansion options.

Thanks again, Chony

If I remember right my breathe controller cost me about 70 dollars. It's an important controller for me because it controls the "breathe" expression parameter on the VL150 while I play the actual notes on the keys, but it's also very different from a wind controller, which also requires that you actually play the notes on a simulated horn or sax controller. In this case you don't play the keys at all. I have never tried to play any real wind instruments, at least not seriously, so I know I could never pull that off.

I don't honestly know how the Roland stuff sounds. I can only say that I've yet to hear any sample based emulation that I thought was better than the VL.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 03-17-2005).]

#133082 - 03/18/05 12:17 AM Re: What are the sound module options right now?
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluezplayer:
If I remember right my breathe controller cost me about 70 dollars.

Could you please post a link to this breath controller? Does it plug in via MIDI, or must I have a keyboard which can accept a special plug? This deffinitely sounds like something I can incorporate to my current performance setup!

Thank you, Chony

#133083 - 03/18/05 03:46 AM Re: What are the sound module options right now?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetailPF/0%2C6603%2CCNTID%253D1321%2526CTID%253D208500%2526VNM%253DLIVE%2526AFLG%253DY%2526LGFL%253DN%2C00.html

Unfortunately, at least for this one, you need the Motif ES, another Yamaha KB that hosts the VL70, or the actual standalone VL unit.

AJ

#133084 - 03/21/05 09:40 AM Re: What are the sound module options right now?
Merrill Ainsworth Offline

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Hi, Chony!

Where can I buy the Yamaha Motif ES rack
for nine hundred dollars?

Thanks for your help.

Merrill

#133085 - 03/21/05 10:40 AM Re: What are the sound module options right now?
chony Offline

At guitar center in Manhattan, NY. They will not advertise the price, but if you walk in, they'd give it to you. Offer will not last for long.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online