SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13281 - 01/28/06 03:27 PM New here, can anyone help with my wk3000?
k6116 Offline

I've had a recent problem with my wk3000 and saw this forum. Hopefully someone can help me here. Recently my keyboard keeps going out of tune. It will work for a very short period of time when I turn it on, then it just goes out of tune as I play it. It sounds like someone is pulling down on the pitch wheel and holding it there. When I hit the piano setting key on the top right of the keyboard, it goes back in tune for a second, then shifts back down.

This happens to all the keys and it shifts down about a little more than a half step. I use the midi input to play it into Reason (program for making beats) and I can actually see the pitch wheel on the program go down when the keyboard goes out of tune.

Can someone please help me....
Is this something I need to get repaired? or something I can do by myself. I tried to reset it using the "initialize system" function through the transpose. Didn't work......

Thanks in advance

[This message has been edited by k6116 (edited 01-28-2006).]

#13282 - 01/29/06 12:48 PM Re: New here, can anyone help with my wk3000?
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
This is a new trouble to me.... not heard of it before. Here are some ideas...
1. Unplug midi cables, to elminate any stray feedback from the computer sequencer.

2. If you still have the problem, try turning off the 'DSP' effect (press the Blue DSP button, to turn it off)

3. If you still have trouble, try manually moving the pitch wheel...to see if it adds more bend, or has no effect. No effect would point to a bad unit (send in for repair...or if you are brave, open up the case, and remove the wires...one at a time....to see if the wheel is 'stuck' sending out a false message).

4. It could be possible to 'free up' the wheel...if it is stuck...by working it back and forth...while playing, to see if that brings it back to pitch

5. Press the Transpose button/ cursor down 1/ then right cursor to 'xx Bend' ...where the xx is the current bend setting. Change the setting to another number (using the yes/no buttons). The bigger the number, the stronger the wheel effect. Setting the number to '00' will disable the bend effect wheel.

#13283 - 01/29/06 01:41 PM Re: New here, can anyone help with my wk3000?
k6116 Offline

thank you for ur help, I used the method with turning off the pitch wheel. It hasn't gone out of tune so far. Even though something in there is probably still malfunctioned, I think I'll just keep the pitch wheel at 00 because I never use it anyway. I might take it in to a shop sometime in the future, but I think this will help for now. Thank you so much.

#13284 - 01/29/06 04:20 PM Re: New here, can anyone help with my wk3000?
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
Glad one of the ideas helped. My best guess is the pot. may have slipped out of position...causing the spring return to force the keyboard 'out of key'... but if you don't really need the bend effect, you should be just fine to leave things as they are. Thanks for posting back ....lots of times I don't know how things work out for people who just post the question...then never let us know the outcome.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online