SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#132644 - 02/01/06 05:01 PM Received Free USB Ethernet Adapter for Tyros 2
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
UPS delivered my free Belkin USB 10/100 Ethernet Adapter from Yamaha yesterday.
It came with a cover letter from Mark Anderson, Marketing Manager at Yamaha for portable keyboards.

This nifty device allows you to connect your Tyros 2 directly to the Internet via a Router and a Cable/DSL modem. It can also be used to connect any PC or Laptop with a USB port to a 10/100Base-T Network.

Buy.com sells the identical Belkin Adapter (Part Number: F5D5050) for $26.99
http://tinyurl.com/eyojy

Thanks to Yamaha for the Free Gift!

I wish there was a way to download content from the IDC site to your home computer rather than the Tyros 2.

#132645 - 02/02/06 05:46 PM Re: Received Free USB Ethernet Adapter for Tyros 2
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello Tapas!

My adapter came today. I'm gonna try it out right now..................Best wishes. -charley

#132646 - 02/02/06 06:39 PM Re: Received Free USB Ethernet Adapter for Tyros 2
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello.............I just spent some time using the direct internet connect with the adapter I got today. I have a 5meg DSL connection, but the connection speed seemed very slow using the Tyros2. It was still a remarkable experience. I downloaded several free songs and even purchased 2 styles. The song previews sounded very good. I'll check them out in full later. I purchased the Opera Classic and WestEnd Ballad styles. They were $6.95 each and worth every penny!! I think they sound great! I am very pleased with this option and look forward to previewing more of the styles. If the others are of this same calibre I'm sure I will buy some more. It will be interesting to see what Yamaha does with this. I was very disappointed with my PSR3000's direct internet function. There never seemed to be anything new, or a dedicated commitment from Yamaha to make it work. Maybe a new chapter has begun.....................??? -charley

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online