SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#132549 - 12/12/04 05:05 PM Re: Yamaha Clavinova CVP-309 – The Ultimate Grand Piano/Arranger
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I tend to think both options would have their pro's & cons.
With a CVP you've only got the one unit. To me it looks better if the piano resides in your main living area the way mine does. My husband was not overly impressed when I midied my 2 keyboards to it. They became the focal point of the living room.
Plus side, for a CLP plus a keyboard would be, the keyboard is portable, plus if you feel you need to update the arranger section, you'd only need to update your keyboard, not the piano.

It's a case of what best suits you & your lifestyle.

I have a CP170. I ended up using my laptop and arranger software for my arranger functions.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by tonkan:
I'm looking both for an arranger and digital piano to replace my Yamaha P80.
I wonder what will be the better choice, a Tyros and a CLP Clavinova or a CVP 307/309?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#132550 - 12/12/04 07:07 PM Re: Yamaha Clavinova CVP-309 – The Ultimate Grand Piano/Arranger
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Hi Tonkan,

Why don’t you keep using the P80. It is a pretty good digital piano with a very nice 88 note keybed. Just add the PSR1500 to get the rhythm and styles. This is the cheapest solution.

If you are inclined in replacing your P80, you could get the Professional Stage Piano – the P250 for $1800 and add the PSR3000 for another $1400. This setup will give you all the basic functionality of any CLV/CVP series.

As Rikki stated, the only downside is it would not look as elegant.

Tapas

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online