SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#132397 - 03/12/05 05:13 AM Features on the G70
to the genesys Offline

I know George Kaye started a discussion on some of the features on the G70 but it seemed to have gone in a different direction.

I was wondering if George or any one else who has the G70 could shed some more light on some of the features.

1. When playing a midi file and you want to go right in to an auto accompaniment style, when you press a chord on the keyboard does the style start automatically or do you have to press the start stop button?
2. When you modify a sound (by reducing the reverb), is there a place you can save the modified sound to? If so, how many of those places are there for modified sounds. Also, are there any other sound editing capabilities on the G70? If so, how useful is it. This is important as most pro musicians hardly ever use the sounds exactly the way it comes on the keyboard. They usually change them to fit their needs and likings.
3. How does the piano on the G70compare with the Fantum’s piano?
4. What about the key feel is it any good for a 76 key keyboard?

Thanks I hope these were not too many questions.

#132398 - 03/12/05 02:38 PM Re: Features on the G70
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
I know George Kaye started a discussion on some of the features on the G70 but it seemed to have gone in a different direction.

I was wondering if George or any one else who has the G70 could shed some more light on some of the features.

1. When playing a midi file and you want to go right in to an auto accompaniment style, when you press a chord on the keyboard does the style start automatically or do you have to press the start stop button?
if you push the button 'Auto Start' before you start the midifile, style starts immedatly if you play a chord.

2.When you modify a sound (by reducing the reverb), is there a place you can save the modified sound to? If so, how many of those places are there for modified sounds. Also, are there any other sound editing capabilities on the G70? If so, how useful is it. This is important as most pro musicians hardly ever use the sounds exactly the way it comes on the keyboard. They usually change them to fit their needs and likings.
There is no special place to store sound modifications. All things you modify has to be saved by User Programs. The amount of that places is unlimited, of course dependend of internal and addional external storage size. My method to create sounds is combine tones for the particular keyboard parts I need, modified by effects and volume and store this items by name,
for instance 'Piano solo', 'Latin piano', 'George Shearing', 'FM Epi' and so on, separated by an index named 'Sound'. So it is possible to expand very fast music programs. (In new combination with styles).
Sound editing is available to modify the envelope, modulation (vibrato) and filter
(resonance, cutoff) For instance I use it to get a warm string sound with faster attack.
(Vienna Waltz Upper voices).

3.How does the piano on the G70compare with the Fantum’s piano?

I didn't hear the piano at Fantom side. People say, it's the same.

4.What about the key feel is it any good for a 76 key keyboard?
I played about 4 years a VA 76. Therefor one of a main reason to me got this keyboard is
the key feel. This part is without any weakness I think.

Thanks I hope these were not too many questions.

Regards Hanspeter

#132399 - 03/12/05 09:06 PM Re: Features on the G70
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The piano in the G70 is very expressive although differnt to my ear than the fantom. However, when I loaded the newly released piano expansion board from the SRX series, all I can say is WOW!
George kaye
kaye's music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online