SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#132222 - 04/07/06 12:19 PM Bought a Tyros 2 yesterday...
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Well, I finally bought a Tyros 2. Have been very satisfied with my 9000 for several years. But with all the reviews and conversations about the Tyros 2, I thought I better go and get my own. I like how similar the OS is for Yamaha keyboards. I find it fairly intuitive and easy to work with. I find the system to be much like the CVP 307 I bought a few years ago. Anyway I really have not spent much time with it yet, but I thought I would proclaim my continued ability to give away my money for something that is the same as what I already have but a little bit better...That's the techno world I live in!

I haven't posted anything on this forum for ages. However I am reading (lurking) almost everyday. I remember back when this forum had less then 20,000 posts. Sheesh...now approaching 100,000

Things have changed some in that time. I have noticed allot of very different personalities posting here. I still contend that this is a fantastic resource for all of us who use it.

On a side note, I would like to commend Yamaha for doing a good job of listening to their customers. I live in Vancouver, WA. right next to the Columbia river. Portland,OR. is directly accros the river. I was unable to find a Tyros ANYWHERE. I emailed Yamaha and related my problem with all the local "Yamaha" dealers and none of them had a Tyros 2. I received an email from my local music store a day or two later saying that they had a Tyros 2 coming in for me to look at and demo. Thank you Yamamha.

Needless to say...They got my money for the T2, then they got some more money for the speakers, and some more money for a Tyros case...and well...Thats the expensive world of music that so many of us live in...and can't seem to get enough of.

Well thats it for me.

Hello to all.

Dennis L. Almond
aka. TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#132223 - 04/07/06 12:26 PM Re: Bought a Tyros 2 yesterday...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Dennis, congratulations and best of luck ...

now, P-R-P ... Play-Record-Post ... looking forward to hearing some of your playing ...

t.

#132224 - 04/07/06 02:14 PM Re: Bought a Tyros 2 yesterday...
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Dennis,

congrats on your new T2.
If you had a 9000 and liked it, you gonna love the T2

I had the 9000Pro and moved up to the T2. The difference is huge for me.
I know that the difference for people that moved from T1 to T2 was not that big and debateble, but 9000 to T2.... lightyears...

It felt almost as having switched to a similar but different company...

Have fun.

Eric

#132225 - 04/07/06 03:10 PM Re: Bought a Tyros 2 yesterday...
TwoNuts Offline

I have to say that the difference is rather large from 9000 to T2. However, I can understand why some people may not see any need to make the costly jump. I certainly like the addtional features that have been implemented on the T2. Unquestionably some of the sounds are much improved over the 9000. The styles are much livelier. Heck, I'm really in no position to make to many comments. As of yet I have only played with it a short time. But I do like it. Seems like it was worth it to me.

Thanks for the comments.

Dennis L. Almond
aka. TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#132226 - 04/07/06 03:45 PM Re: Bought a Tyros 2 yesterday...
cwalkeralso Offline

Loc: State of Washington, US
Congratulations Dennis. I too have a Tyros 2, and am very happy with it. I'm sure you'll find it to be a rewarding investment. We also have something else in common. I lived in Vancouver (more specifically, Hazel Dell) from 89 until 97. I now live across the Puget Sound from Seattle, in Kitsap County. I still occasionally get down your way, as my daughter and her family live outside of Portland. Maybe we can get together sometime.

Have fun and make plenty of music!

Charles Walker

#132227 - 04/07/06 04:13 PM Re: Bought a Tyros 2 yesterday...
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by TwoNuts:
..... I find it fairly intuitive and easy to work with. I find the system to be much like the CVP 307 I bought a few years ago.
Dennis L. Almond
aka. TwoNuts

Congrats and best wishes with your T2

Dennis, Once you settle in and get to know the Tyros2, give us a review of how it compares to the CVP 307. I have a 307 and would be interested in your thoughts Tryros2 vs. 307.

#132228 - 04/07/06 04:47 PM Re: Bought a Tyros 2 yesterday...
TwoNuts Offline

Spent another hour on the T2. The more I learn about this board the more I like it. I really appreciate the onscreen information regarding the proper use on the S.Art. voices. I have had mixed thoughts on the Super Articulation Voices since I first got the board. Learning what all they can do is truly inspiring. I just spent a few minutes fine tuning my control of the SA Concert Guitar and am VERY IMPRESSED! I know over this weekend I will find much more about the T2 that I like. If any of you have suggestions please feel free to let me know. I am also curious but have not checked my firmware version. I recall that there was an update. However I am not sure if that was factory installed on mine.

Thanks again for all your comments.

Dennis L. Almond
aka. TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#132229 - 04/08/06 01:14 AM Re: Bought a Tyros 2 yesterday...
TwoNuts Offline

Two O-Clock in the morning and I'm trying to find out if the T2 is USB 2.0 compliant.

I imagine that this info is in the manual, as you can imagine, the manual is still neatly packaged and unopened. If someone here does not know, then I guess I may have to get busy and start reading it. The online knowledge base at Yamaha did not have enough knowledge to answer my question, so I thouht that I would ask the experts. You know...the ones that already own a T2.
Thanks again,

Dennis L. Almond
aka. TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#132230 - 04/08/06 07:56 AM Re: Bought a Tyros 2 yesterday...
cwalkeralso Offline

Loc: State of Washington, US
No Dennis. Unfortunately, the Tyros 2 USB is 1.1. Can't imagine why, but it is.

Charles

P.S. I hope you read my earlier post. We're neighbors. Well, almost.

#132231 - 04/08/06 11:10 AM Re: Bought a Tyros 2 yesterday...
TwoNuts Offline

Thank you Charles for the reply to my query about the USB version. It is odd to think that they didn't take advantage of something that is 40 times faster than Ver. 1.1
Oh well, generaly speaking the files that we transfer through the keyboard are not all that large. Unless you have long songs from using the HD recorder.

Anyway thanks again,

Best regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka. TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online