SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#132104 - 02/14/05 01:53 PM Re: my first weeks on the pa1x pro.
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi scott,

I have ask the manager of Korg (in the netherlands) to see for the arranging mode (like yamaha does) for the rootless-voicings in the left part.
He will ask it to the technical people or korg.

For the rest:

You have two fills and one break on different buttons, you can also link the one touch settings to the four variation-sections of the arranger(ex. var1 grand piano, var2 bandoneon,....)

Every custom style you can change the drum-track to a other mood (i think 6 different mappings!!!) this feature is not changing the drumkit like from standard to fusion kit, korg has factory include some other mappings that can change the drumkit. ex. you have on variation 1 a bad sound in the drum-kit you can go to the drummapping and you here 6 different drumarrangements you can choose for this variation (sometimes with other percusion instruments like conga's cymbals...and this for all variations you can choose a different mood!!! save it in the global style prefference and the next time you have this new style conversion!!!

About the harmonizer, I don't sing and use it not very much (only at home and not so much, but i think it's really good) I have tried the vocoder mode and this make a great modern sound you can modify to your mood. (i working now on a file of one note samba with the vocoder mode and he follow all the tensions i play on the right part !!!

About the retriggering of fill's:
You must know the just time for tapping the buttons of the fill for correct respons to the break or fills, one minus some styles will give 2 measure's on the break hitting knob while i want 1 measure !! but you can change that and save it (global style prefence)
You can also change the style preference menu: every time you choose another variation it wil start with a fill you choose (like fill 1 fill 2 or break)

I hope this information helps you to understand some feature of the pa1x/pa1x-pro

Regards,

notlos,
www.notlos.com

------------------

#132105 - 02/14/05 10:38 PM Re: my first weeks on the pa1x pro.
manic2257 Offline

Loc: australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I'm particularly interested in hearing more from you regarding the PA1XPro's vocalizer as I somehow recall (perhaps wrongly?) that the PA80's vocalizer was more or less a vocoder, and limited in the advanced chordal harmony dept. Is the PA1Xpro's vocal harmonizer a big step up from the PA80's and does it include triggering auto accompaninent (and vocal harmonies) with either right or left of split of keyboard too?
Scott

hey scott,
the vocal harmonizer on the PA1X is a HUGE stepup from the 80...it is a full blown TC Helicon voice engine, with so many harmony types and variations all customizable by the user, from barbershop tp simple dual country, to jazz 4ths 9ths etc etc etc..plus you cna option it like i have to include "voice modelling" where you sing into the mic and you can sound like joe cocker, or britney spears eeeew!!!! LOL, plus you cna also have realtime pitch correction, mate it goes on and on...and yes you can trigger the harmony from upper or lower or both.. hope that helps, but if you want to aks more q's please feel free.

dennis

peace,out

#132106 - 02/16/05 08:41 AM Re: my first weeks on the pa1x pro.
Frostbyte Offline

Loc: World Citizen
Hey ScottYee -

I am not sure you got a good answer to your question regarding the Pa1XPro Fills.

There are two Fills per Style, and one "Break". The break is not always just empty, it may have a drum thing or a pick-up drum hit. Fill 1, Fill 2 and Break each have an individual button. You can make a variety of things happen automatically when you hit a Fill - it can advance to the next Style Variation, Go directly to a certain Style Variation, alternate back & Forth between a pair of Style Variations - this can be set for each Fill button in Each Style - very flexible.

One other thing I want to mention about the Pa1XPro Fills - you can select them instantly in your performance - , and the fill will play for the remaining number of beats in the bar. When I played the PSR3000, where each fill button is tied to a particular Style Variation, it always waits to the top of the measure to do the fill - not very spontaneous and somewhat musically limiting - in my opinion.

#132107 - 02/16/05 09:53 AM Re: my first weeks on the pa1x pro.
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I forgot how to set it so it will automatically use a fill when a variation is changed?

#132108 - 02/16/05 12:42 PM Re: my first weeks on the pa1x pro.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Frostbyte, many thanks for providing the answer I was looking for regarding 'fills' on the PA1XPro. Having all those 'fill/break' options (and easily accessible to boot) is definitely a 'live' performance advantage. - Scott

#132109 - 02/16/05 07:03 PM Re: my first weeks on the pa1x pro.
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Frostbyte, many thanks for providing the answer I was looking for regarding 'fills' on the PA1XPro. Having all those 'fill/break' options (and easily accessible to boot) is definitely a 'live' performance advantage. - Scott

--another thing worth mentioning--in PA series

if you double click the fill it will continue to repeat(non stop)until you press 1 more time to continue thr style.this is true for both fills and the break.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online