SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#131960 - 07/13/00 04:12 PM Music notation software
Gillie Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight . UK
Hi
Can anyone recommend a not too expensive notation program that will print out chords as well as notes?
Gill
Isle of Wight

#131961 - 07/14/00 07:59 AM Re: Music notation software
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Uncle Dave,

I also read that this software can actually record from a sound card. Have you tried it? How is the quality? Would you use it for a demo?

Thanks

#131962 - 07/14/00 01:41 PM Re: Music notation software
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
I also use this program a bit, mostly for MIDI sequencing. However, my son has installed it on his computer and recorded some .wav files with the cheap microphone. So the basic functionality is definitely there; however, as we have not tried to edit his recordings, I don't know if the editing tool set is complete enough for full-scale editing.

One of the features which this program does not have is the ability to print separate midi channels on individual staves. (this is very helpful in trying to understand the auto accompaniment styles, and do style editing). The program MidiNotate (form www.notation.com) does this very well. I simply record stuff with the built-in sequencer (in my keyboard), save the midi file to a floppy, and then the PC shows the notation format of the midi file.

However, I do not use the printed chords, so I never tried this feature.

#131963 - 07/14/00 02:34 PM Re: Music notation software
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Alex K,

Thanks for the input. If you happen to experiment with it in the future in the regard of audio recording, I would appreciate if you would post a review of what you think of it.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online