SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#131625 - 10/30/03 04:41 PM New Lower Prices on Tyros!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
So i'm checking out the new Musicians Friend Christmas catalog, and I see on page K2 an announcement for new Lower Prices on the Tyros. $2799.99 for the keyboard, down from $2,999.99.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#131626 - 10/30/03 08:18 PM Re: New Lower Prices on Tyros!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Al,

Our "local" dealer does better than that on the price though I think.. right ?

AJ

#131627 - 10/30/03 08:32 PM Re: New Lower Prices on Tyros!
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
The group price on the Yamaha PSR Style forum on yahoo is $2300.

Best

Scott

#131628 - 10/31/03 02:16 AM Re: New Lower Prices on Tyros!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
hmmm, I guess it's just Musicians Friend that has a "new Lower price". They still are higher than everyone else.

Oh Well....

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#131629 - 10/31/03 08:55 AM Re: New Lower Prices on Tyros!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Hey Al, be thankful you don't live in the UK. A Tyros costs over $4,000 there, ie. [£2600] UK pounds. I didn't realize that the Korg Pa1xpro costs about the same price over there as a Tyros does. So the Pa1xpro will be a rather enticing deal for them considering the Korg Pa1xpro has 76 Keys, Sampling, Expansion capability, and Mega Voices [Korg designed] that can be played Live with no hitches. In fact if I lived in the UK and had a choice to buy the Tyros or the Korg Pa1xpro when they were the same price I would be in a true quandary indeed. If the Korg Pa1xpro had 128 note Polyphony or more it would make it a much easier decision but only if the Voices are indeed as good as some of those demos we've heard. After playing it in person and found that they are as good or even better I would then have to be assured that the note drop off is NOT an issue. If it passed with flying colors and (I didn't already own a Tyros ) I would probably buy the Korg over the Tyros. Sorry Steve!

{Weight is another issue that has to be considered, ie., Tyros=27 lbs., Pa1xpro=40 lbs.} Tyros has a 'huge' LCD screen, Pa1xpro has a smaller 'touch screen'.

Best regards,
Mike

PS: I bought my Tyros at a local GC and they were asking $2,799 also. But I didn't pay that! Be bold when you talk to a salesperson!! If you've bought several things from them in the past, mention it to them! Like, "I'm a regular customer who's bought boat loads of gear from you guys." Come on guys give me a break here!! Don't be too enthusiastic about purchasing any item. Play it cool! Don't act dumb! Study up on the product you want to buy and know your stuff when talking to them. If you present yourself as knowledgeable and informed about procedures and products, etc., it can only be to your benefit. What you can try [although I don't necessarily recommend it], is to 'buy' a "less" expensive product, eg., Keyboard, etc., [that is a several hundred dollars less or so than the item you really want]. Take it home, and wait a few days or so then take it back. Say to them that you want a refund or [startle them with - "Nah!, I want to exchange it for something else instead!"] Then; point them to the Tyros [which is a more expensive product], and say you want to trade the other item for it, ie., the Tyros. Ask them the least amount they will take for the Tyros (your other item is a "bartering" tool). Mention the fact that you're TRADING UP to the Tyros, ie., the Tyros is even MORE expensive than the item you're returning so - "I'm spending even more money here - so give me a 'bigger' break on the price of the Tyros guys! If you're not satisfied with what their offer is on the Tyros, simply decline the offer and get a "refund" for the product you brought back. If you're fortunate they will 'relent' and offer you an even better price for the Tyros which may be acceptable to you. There you go!!!!!!!!! You got yourself a Tyros and you saved a bundle in the process!

PS: Although this practice is not illegal, ie. - they give you a 45 day unconditional return/exchange warranty regardless - only you can decide if it's worth going the extra mile [hassle] to buy and return a product in hopes of getting a better price for the product you really want. Because you still may NOT get the price you really want for the Tyros, etc.

Best regards,
Mike

#131630 - 10/31/03 09:08 AM Re: New Lower Prices on Tyros!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I wouldn't go to all that trouble. Just say "look I can get it for $2300. through a buyers group (Bob Gelman's PSR group)." If they want to make the sale they can match the price, or at least get close. It is worth something to buy it locally, so you have a place to turn to for support.
DonM

#131631 - 10/31/03 09:47 AM Re: New Lower Prices on Tyros!
Dnj Offline

Dont worry...just wait... as soon as the new KORG Pax1pro come out the Tyros price will drop big time!

#131632 - 10/31/03 02:29 PM Re: New Lower Prices on Tyros!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I wouldn't count on it Donny. The Pa1xpro is a different animal, ie., 76 Keys, Sampler, Expansion boards, etc., so it is competing on another level more like with the 9000Pro, and the Ketron SD-1. But as I've said before; if the Korg Pa1xpro IS a Tyros killer then Yamaha most likely will get busy (if they're not already) producing a new competing product to the Pa1xpro, either a 76 Key Tyros II or something else to replace the 9000Pro to counteract Korg's Pa1xpro not necessarily a Tyros II but perhaps a 9000Pro II, etc.

So even though the Pa1xpro is successful and even a Tyros killer I don't think Yamaha will reduce the price of the Tyros much if at all. They would more likely simply phase the Tyros out selling the existing stock at the regular price until sold out (maybe a hundred dollars off or possibly 2 hundred off), etc., all the while readying to unveil and launch a Korg challenger Board like a Tyros II 76 Keys or 9000Pro II.

Don't you love competition?? Yamaha Corp. at one time owned a 'Majority' of Korg stock. Looks like the minds at Korg are rubbing elbows with their former Boss and may eventually take over Yammie's number #1 spot as the largest Manufacturer and seller of Keyboard products. Don't count Yamaha out though because they seem to rise to the challenge when the heat's on.

Best regards,
Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online