SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#131614 - 11/04/06 01:19 PM Freehand music system, 4.0 closeout
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Opinions wanted:

Should I pick up one of the closeouts or buy the more current/expensive model?

Thanks-

Bill

#131615 - 11/04/06 02:47 PM Re: Freehand music system, 4.0 closeout
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Bill:

Not sure what's going on with Freehand Systems but their web site still lists 4.0 as their current model and software.
http://freehandsystems.com/products.html

I had version 3.1, then upgraded when version 4 was released. I'm happy with version 4.0. There are some issues with getting the battery to properly charge after an MPP has been in a warehouse unused for sometime. I had some minor charging problems but they were resolved via Freehand tech support. I don't think everyone had them resolved as easily. You may want to read some of the posts at the Freehand support forum. Also Scott Yee and Esh may provide some valuable input.

The bottom line for me is that I don't know how I lived without one. I use to take a small suitcase full of fake books to gigs with me don't have to anymore. IMHO, it's a great tool and at $399 a great price. I wish they had been selling at the closeout price when I purchased mine last December.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 11-04-2006).]

#131616 - 11/04/06 03:40 PM Re: Freehand music system, 4.0 closeout
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
It might be useful to read some of the forum data at http://www.freehandsystems.com/phpBB2/

In particular read the Technical Issues data.

I have version 4 and sure wouldn't want to live without it now. I like the version 4 annotation features although I don't like the browser functions of version 4.

#131617 - 11/04/06 06:59 PM Re: Freehand music system, 4.0 closeout
Lanny Offline

Loc: Placitas, NM USA
Bill,

Just a quick note to let you know I recently bought a version 4.06 from Music123 for $500 and it has worked perfectly. Freehand systems responded to a question on the Freehand users forum about the "closeout" nomenclature being used by Music123 and stated that V4.06 is the most current model.

Lanny

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online