SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#1314 - 11/23/04 02:31 AM Roland Juno-D vs Yamaha S03
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have to chose between these two romplers, and I'd like to get opinions on what the advantages of each are and if I should definately stay away from one of them for some reason.

I'm looking for atmospheric sounds, like choir ah's, ooh's (not doo's), strings, synth pads etc. I don't care about piano's, organs, trumpets, techno/dance, etc. I don't care about realism, I prefer the synthy sound (although not organy sound, like the Casio's).

I tried them both out, but the Yamaha was only connected to one speaker, so it's hard to decide without bias. I generally liked the Roland sounds better, but the Yamaha had a nice Crystal sound that I couldn't find on the Roland, which only had Crystal Bell sounds. I also prefered the Yamaha's fantasia sound to Roland's fantasia sound. I like the fact that the Roland had knobs on the keyboard for easy adjustment. But if I use these when I have the keyboard split, would it affect both sounds or just one sound that I would have 'selected'?

The Roland has 32mb of Wave ROM, and the Yamaha has 25mb. The Roland is new, and the Yamaha is from 2001.

What are the fundamental differences, if any, that I should be aware of?

#1315 - 11/23/04 10:31 AM Re: Roland Juno-D vs Yamaha S03
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Oh, not another one!

It sounds like you do not need half the features that the Yamaha and the JUNO-D have to offer.
You are after specific sounds. Picking keyboards for Fantasia sounds is silly business. COnsidering the amount of sample libraries and the prices of samplers and sample players.

Something like a used K2000 with a bunch of CD-ROMs full of Voices,pads etc is going to be right up your alley.

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 11-23-2004).]

#1316 - 11/23/04 03:30 PM Re: Roland Juno-D vs Yamaha S03
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not buying used. I'm choosing between one of those two, and I'm not picking one just for fantasia. I'm going to be using way more features than what I mentioned, but obviously I'm not going to stay here for an hour typing them all out.

On another forum, someone told me that the S03 is fully editable from the PC, and the Juno-D is only partially tweakable.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online