SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#131588 - 10/30/05 09:31 AM Re: Tyros2 MusicFinder: Very Disappointing Discovery !
Roel Offline

This is how we work during a perfomance :

We (Wietse & I) both have our songbook with songs ordered the same way. In the books every song has an 'own' page-number, so we only have to communicate the next songs' pagenumber.

e.g. In my book 'New York' has pagenumber 65 and 'New York' got registration-address 'Block 15, preset 4'.
So I press 'Bankselect', 'P2', 'Reg.mem 4'.... ready !!

In my view the MF is not the correct feature to search on the fly.

Ideal solution :
On the music-stand a small booklet with your repertoir-list (database) including the Reg.mem. address.

Calling a reg.mem. adjusts the T2 and shows sheetmusic and/or lyrics-chords on a separate 15"TFT screen(s).

You can sell your other electronic-songbook Scott ..... you won't need it anymore !

#131589 - 10/31/05 04:10 AM Re: Tyros2 MusicFinder: Very Disappointing Discovery !
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
I would like to be able to use the MFD on my Tyros but as we all agree registrations are much more appropriate.

When I gig, like Roel I have a physical list of my songs - This is split into two sections. Section 1 lists them all alphabetically and section 2 is by (broad) style type.

Then if I think of a song to play or have a request to find then I quickly look down the alpha list and punch in the 3 digit numeric code to recall the reg. Alternatively, when the crowd ure up dancing, I look at my styles list to find similar stuff to allieviate "dead time" and keep'em on the floor.

I would have thought that if you have all your registrations stored in user memory it should be technically possible to have a music finder that simply allows you to identify your reg using whatever criteria you search on.

I need reg's as these give me the following

Transposition (I don't play well in F# or B)
Vocal harmony and mic settings
Lyrics or prompts on screen
Alternative solo voices to the OTS
Alternative DSP/effect settings
Accomp changes (Mutes, alternative drumkits etc)
Keyboard setup (full keyboard mode or split).
Which variation to start on and use.

The above are what I need over and above what the MFD gives (Style and tempo) and this all happens by just punching in the reg no, selecting which ever reg button (this is always No 1 for me as I only use one reg per song) and pressing go.....

Please - please Yamaha - Give us an indexed Reg list instead.

Well - that's my rant over..

Regards - Keith

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online