SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#131461 - 09/26/07 10:49 AM Re: Naked Tyros 2 Piano
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The post was set up to allow people to compare the pianos on 2 different keyboards, NOT to comment on the performances.

As to the demos, I personally think Yamaha has the edge, however both are fine sounds, and I would be happy with either.

Regarding Pianos, I have just lately been playing around with the True Pianos VST, (I have the trial version loaded into my Abacus) and although I am not a pianist, the sounds of all the different presets are superb. (And the way they can be edited must be shear heaven for piano aficionados)
Enjoy whatever you play

Bill

#131462 - 09/26/07 11:52 AM Re: Naked Tyros 2 Piano
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Mo, what's going on here?
First Dennis is an excellent pianist..I have heard his work in the past..and the piece he played here is still excellent..

I am not a pianist[although I can fool most people into thinking so. ]..

The point of my demo was to illustrate the dynamics of the G70 piano..I purposely tried to change up the touch through out the demo..
Personally I think the dynamic range and character of the G70 is better than the Tyros2..

#131463 - 09/26/07 12:08 PM Re: Naked Tyros 2 Piano
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:
NO IT'S YOU WHO ARE BEING HARSH. I LIKE FOR
PEOPLE TO POST PRO SAMPLES UNLESS THEY ARE
AMATEURS ASKING FOR HELPFUL ADVICE.

Only "Pro samples" should be posted, and Amateurs who do cross the line and post samples should be asking for "Helpful Advise".

Got it.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#131464 - 09/26/07 12:15 PM Re: Naked Tyros 2 Piano
TwoNuts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

The point of my demo was to illustrate the dynamics of the G70 piano..I purposely tried to change up the touch through out the demo..

Fran,

Your demo was great for that very reason.
It made it clear to me what you where trying to accomplish. I wanted to post something that had a similar tempo and feel to give others an idea of how the T2 sounds in the subtleties of piano play. I did not capture it as well as you did. But I tried anyway.

I'm definitely a fan of the G70 piano.
Thank you for posting it in the first place Fran.

Best regards, to you.

Dennis

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#131465 - 09/26/07 01:14 PM Re: Naked Tyros 2 Piano
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Wow, this can be a tough crowd. Dennis I enjoyed your demo, I too have heard you play piano in the past and my opinion is that you are a good pianist, no doubt about it. I don't understand why people are so critical here, this is meant to share and exhange ideas, we're not trying to get recording contracts. I don't see people like Michel Camilo, Oscar Peterson, Chick or McCoy visiting this board. What's that tell you?

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 09-26-2007).]

#131466 - 09/26/07 01:41 PM Re: Naked Tyros 2 Piano
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Well, I liked them both and yes they sounded real soothing and full with rich tones....I'm going to try to keep them on my desktop to listen to them over and over..
Thanks for sharing....it was a pleasure to listen to....BTW. I couldn't choose one over the other either...keep up the good work.....
TR

#131467 - 09/26/07 01:56 PM Re: Naked Tyros 2 Piano
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Dennis, I'm surprised that you think the G70 sounds better than YOUR T2, but oh, well.

As I said, Yamaha, Roland and Korg (plus others) all have TOTL samples in these boards. What I would add though, is that if you were to play the G70 keyboard you would like it even more than the sound. If someone were to midi up the two boards and play the opposite piano on each keyboard, I wonder what reaction that would garner?

And keysvocalssax, I feel that was an unnecessary comment for this thread. If all you want to hear are "professional" samples, you'll be very disappointed here. None of us claim to be right-on recording artists. Lighten up and enjoy.

#131468 - 09/26/07 03:57 PM Re: Naked Tyros 2 Piano
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
There are people on sz who are working a lot of gigs, who are giving others serious musical advice, who are getting involved in heated debates-- who post samples that are not professional. By professional I don't mean Michel Camilo and Oscar Peterson, I don't even mean top studio recording artists. i just mean very competent. I just mean professional. If you are busy doing a lot of gigs you are supposedly professional, no? I am all for encouraging people and all for civility in dialogue, and all for having all kinds of players at all levels participate on SZ. It just bugs me that those that represent themselves as pros don't sound to me like pros, and then they funfa and say things like "i wasn't really performing, just trying to demonstrate blah-blah-blah. Hey if you are a player you are a player, and you sound good-- you may make a mistake here and there, who doesn't, but you always sound like a pro.

------------------
Miami Mo

#131469 - 09/26/07 04:40 PM Re: Naked Tyros 2 Piano
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Mo, you couldn't be more correct. However, being correct won't buy you much on this board, as friendships and personal loyalties far outweigh reality and truth. But be very careful. Someone may be scouring the 'net even as we speak, to see if you've got a criminal past or something they can share with the rest of our little community.

Of course, now I will join you on the fecal roster (*hit list) for agreeing with you on something that SHOULD be obvious to anyone who calls himself or herself, a musician.

chas

#131470 - 09/26/07 06:11 PM Re: Naked Tyros 2 Piano
TwoNuts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Mo, you couldn't be more correct. Of Course, that SHOULD be obvious to anyone who calls himself or herself, a musician.

chas

WOW...AGAIN.

I guess I am just surprised by the level of antagonism.

I certainly did not start this thread to display my musical prowess or lack there of.
I intended to add another keyboard for the members to compare to Frans G70.
I in no way was attempting to convince anyone about anything. I just wanted to continue the discussion regarding the Yamaha Piano Sample and the Roland G70 Sample.
I am truly sorry if in doing so I assaulted your senses with the clearly unprofessional demo of my Tyros 2. That certainly was not my goal. I can see you have a supporter of your opinion, and it goes without saying that you are perfectly within the scope of this forum to state your feelings and misgivings about any particular subject.
I am sure that people will come away from this thread with a clearer perspective on the Tyros 2, the G70 & your character.

Cheers

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online