SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13097 - 04/02/06 06:15 AM SysEx for Casio WK 3700
marianoarg Offline

Loc: Banfield, Pcia Ba As, Argentin...
Please, if someone knows how to send and receive SysEx from Casio WK 3700, could you let me know? IŽll appreciate too much.

Thank you

#13098 - 04/02/06 06:10 PM Re: SysEx for Casio WK 3700
Killer WK Offline

Loc: Tampa
Starting at page 25 of the 3200/3700 MIDI Manual explains what and which System Exclusive messages the board can send and recieve.Hope this helps and here is the download.

http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_manual/emi/en/ctk900_wk3200_wk3700_midi_e.pdf

#13099 - 04/02/06 08:01 PM Re: SysEx for Casio WK 3700
Killer WK Offline

BTW What software or controller are you using to exchange the MIDI data? That helps a lot as well.

#13100 - 04/13/06 06:50 AM Re: SysEx for Casio WK 3700
marianoarg Offline

Thank you Killer for your answer. I though it would be something like the big keyboards like Roland or Korg that you send all data through sysex. I use Sonar 4

#13101 - 04/13/06 10:14 AM Re: SysEx for Casio WK 3700
Killer WK Offline

I am not familiar with Cakewalk Sonar 4, but most recording software has a MIDI events list section which may help you see what messages are being exchanged back and forth on which channels? The Casio unlike the "bigger models" will not play fair with local host issues sometimes depending on the setup? The Casio evidently does not like being a local controller mode device when external MIDI data is present.The casio 'transmit' channel can be set in the Transpose button/ cursor down 1..to the 'xx keybd ch' display, where the 'xx' is the current output channel for the Casio's internally displayed 'channel 1', thats what you see on the Casio display as 'channel 1' can be transmitted 'out' of the Casio's 'midi out', on any channel (1-16). All SysEx data should travel back and forth based on this setting, and displayed in the events list for that channel in Sonar? Give it a try and see what happens!

Killer

#13102 - 05/04/06 01:41 PM Re: SysEx for Casio WK 3700
marianoarg Offline

Hey Killer, thank you!!

By the way, do you know the ROM memory that comes with this keyboard? not the 4 MB available for the user...

Tnx
Quote:
Originally posted by Killer WK:
I am not familiar with Cakewalk Sonar 4, but most recording software has a MIDI events list section which may help you see what messages are being exchanged back and forth on which channels? The Casio unlike the "bigger models" will not play fair with local host issues sometimes depending on the setup? The Casio evidently does not like being a local controller mode device when external MIDI data is present.The casio 'transmit' channel can be set in the Transpose button/ cursor down 1..to the 'xx keybd ch' display, where the 'xx' is the current output channel for the Casio's internally displayed 'channel 1', thats what you see on the Casio display as 'channel 1' can be transmitted 'out' of the Casio's 'midi out', on any channel (1-16). All SysEx data should travel back and forth based on this setting, and displayed in the events list for that channel in Sonar? Give it a try and see what happens!

Killer

#13103 - 05/06/06 10:46 AM Re: SysEx for Casio WK 3700
Killer WK Offline

Interesting question but there is no mention anywhere that I can find of the onboard ROM size or what is actually contained there? I would assume it to be around the same size as the flash memory (4MB) or more and probably contains some Casio system exclusive info, factory settings, version data, demo songs, and some preset tone data. Seeing that you really can’t manipulate this data or “flash it” in anyway, it has no importance in song or sequence creation that I can tell? If anyone knows more about this..do tell

Killer

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online