SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#130994 - 04/28/03 10:18 AM Re: Technics KN2600 not so new
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Why would an SD card, without a disk drive, be a plus? My computer at home does not have an SD card, neither does anyone's computer at work have one. How would I xfer a style/midi file from my computer at work to my kn2600? Sound like the technology is ahead of practicality.
Is the KN2600 released? Cost in U.S. or Canadian funds?
Starkeeper

#130995 - 04/28/03 02:16 PM Re: Technics KN2600 not so new
Artaher Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Starkeeper...
I think floppy is the past, sd card is the future.
You know floppy is 1,4 Mb. A SD card may be equivalent to 50 or more floppys. Is the must: like a litle hard drive, but removable!!!
It is true: there are few computers with sd now, but wait a time...
What is incredible is that while a middle range arranger (KN2600) has SD, any yamaha has it, nor its high range arranger (Tyros).
Why?
Perhaps to sell us a Tyros with sd next year?.

Regards
Artaher

[This message has been edited by Artaher (edited 04-28-2003).]

#130996 - 04/28/03 03:22 PM Re: Technics KN2600 not so new
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Starkeeper, hook up a cheap little card reader to your computer. The transfer is neat, clean and fast. Slide that itee bitee SD card into your keyboard and away you go. A little slower way is to connect your keyboard to your computer via USB and your in business. If there is a will there is a way. If you are into ditigal cameras that is same route they take. Depending on the size of the SD card, hundreds of floppies can be stored on one card.

Grandpa Doug

#130997 - 04/28/03 07:00 PM Re: Technics KN2600 not so new
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Another thought! When some of us guys get together everybody brings their own little SD card. I put mine in my wallet. One gal has a little case on a chain around her neck for her little chip. When our turn comes to do something on the keyboard we just slip in our own card and it's just like having your own board with all your own stuff. Fantastic to say the least. Talk about ease of sharing and learning. Great to be still alive with all this super high tech stuff. I think in a few years the floppy will be a museum piece with the hard drive taking it's place shortly after. Any body want to place a bet on which brand of board will be the last to catch up? I place mine on Roland. How about you?

High-tech Grandpa Doug

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online