SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#130305 - 11/29/04 03:26 PM Re: Wish list for PSR3100
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi guys, i only got my 3000 3 days ago and as you do ,you experiment,i had my psr for 2 and a half years and last week i found it had an on/off switch,ha ha only joking,mike

#130306 - 11/29/04 03:57 PM Re: Wish list for PSR3100
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mike,

You need to hop on a plane, head across the Atantic and join the fun at Bossier City in January. I understand that there will be a 3000 waiting there.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#130307 - 11/29/04 04:33 PM Re: Wish list for PSR3100
ralfaro Offline

Loc: Davie, Fl USA
I know my suggestions won't be very popular as they don't address a mass market, but as a 3k user that is not able to see the screen, I would like to see more dedicated buttons. The functions mentioned in the first post in this thread are great suggestions as a starter. The more dedicated buttons there are the less one has to depend on the screen to get something done. I have to admit that my 3k is better than most I have tried in the accessibility department, there is certainly room for improvement. Of course the ultimate would be an available voice guided menu system that could be toggled on or off of course, but I know that will probably never happen. It certainly isn't impossible however as this is currently happening with cell phones, so the technology is there, and companies like Toshiba, Audiovox, and LG are doing it on some of the models without breaking their piggy banks.

Although this probably won't happen, there are other things Yamaha can do to help make their keyboards more accessible. A little audible feedback would be a good start for settings that can be toggled on and off. As an example, I have a Sony digital recorder that beeps once when an option is toggled on, and twice when it is toggled off. This is just one example, but I am sure there could be more if Yamaha could possible consider have a focus group or something to come up with suggestions that would be useful and not terribly difficult or expensive to incorperate.

I know the bottom line for any company is making money, but you would be amazed how often things that are implimented as an aid to a group with special needs winds up being tremendously useful to the rest of the population.

Not on anyone's priority list I am sure, but that would be my wish list.

Rick Alfaro
Quote:
Originally posted by YamahaUS1:
This is not a fault. This a bad voice combination. There are many combinations that don't sound good together. If you don't like the way it sounds when you do that, stop doing it.

But keep the ideas coming.

#130308 - 11/29/04 10:15 PM Re: Wish list for PSR3100
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Mike,

You need to hop on a plane, head across the Atantic and join the fun at Bossier City in January. I understand that there will be a 3000 waiting there.

Gary

We'll have at LEAST a PSR3000, 2000, Tyros, and Ketron XD3.
P.S. for the guys up North--
It as 61 degrees F today!
DonM

#130309 - 11/30/04 05:36 AM Re: Wish list for PSR3100
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-19-2006).]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online