SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#130270 - 02/28/05 11:17 PM Demo's on my website should be ok for everyone now. New tunes added. Please test.
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I think I have all the problems cleared up for my demo page. It should.....it should work fine for everyone. The page should also load right up as quickly as any other.

I added some new tunes also.

It turned out the way I had hoped would work apparently was creating a problem for some with slow page and song load time. Some apparently needed a new plug-in. This should not be the case anymore.

Please check and let me know everything is ok now. Also, please let me know if you are having any problem at all that would be no different than if you were downloading any mp3.

Right now all except for one song are short. Should help the people with the slower hook-up.

Thank you all for helping me test my new website.

I really don't drink, but, I am about ready to head to The Bar. haha
http://www.ScottLMusic.com

Thanx again

Scott Langholff

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 02-28-2005).]

#130271 - 02/28/05 11:53 PM Re: Demo's on my website should be ok for everyone now. New tunes added. Please test.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
No problem playing them now Scott, but they all sound distorted. I tried Winamp and WMP with similar results.
DonM

#130272 - 03/01/05 12:11 AM Re: Demo's on my website should be ok for everyone now. New tunes added. Please test.
Scott Langholff Offline

Hi Don

Strange, they sound fine over my system.

I wonder if you could be experiencing just the typical tone loss of an mp3? A lot of my horn sections etc are using 3 layered voices in the right hand.

Is this just happening on my demos or does it occur on others?

There should be no clipping. I was very careful of that. I did normalize the recordings to get consistant volume between the tunes.

Well, at least it sounds like we're on the right track now. WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind you I want to use these for clients. And I need it to be easy for anybody.

Thanx

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 03-01-2005).]

#130273 - 03/01/05 12:22 AM Re: Demo's on my website should be ok for everyone now. New tunes added. Please test.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thought it might have something to do with Mozilla, so I tried it with IE. Same result. I also tried saving it to my computer and then opening it, but save result.
Rather than distortion, it almost sounds like an intense Chorus effect.
DonM

#130274 - 03/01/05 12:26 AM Re: Demo's on my website should be ok for everyone now. New tunes added. Please test.
Scott Langholff Offline

Hmmmmm. Thanx Don. Well it's 2:30am. Think I'll saw some ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Is anyone else experiencing this?

See you all tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 03-01-2005).]

#130275 - 03/01/05 03:27 AM Re: Demo's on my website should be ok for everyone now. New tunes added. Please test.
Exound Offline

Loc: Hoorn, Netherlands
Scott,I think the problem is at DonM's computer.
They sound great here, and the download is very quick.
So Scott don't change anything unless more people have the same distorted problem.

Jan

#130276 - 03/01/05 03:47 AM Re: Demo's on my website should be ok for everyone now. New tunes added. Please test.
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Scott,
Likewise here....
Downloads extremely fast and no distortion whatsoever. SOme very nice demo's I might add.I particularly enjoyed Alabama Jubilee. Excellent fingerwork!!

Very best wishes
Tony

#130277 - 03/01/05 04:43 AM Re: Demo's on my website should be ok for everyone now. New tunes added. Please test.
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Scott,
Your current site, as is now, Looks, and sounds wonderful. Easy to navigate, everything works well. Quick d'load speeds, at users discretion at what to listen to. All well and very good job!!
I am sure that this will grow as you pass word of it among your potential customers, and be a huge boon to your business interests.
Best of luck to you.

------------------
The old Newb

#130278 - 03/01/05 06:53 AM Re: Demo's on my website should be ok for everyone now. New tunes added. Please test.
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey Scott,

I'm getting good results here...except on In The Mood. That one sounds "hot", as in levels are hot, to me. So I opened it up in Sound Forge and had a look.

I then tried Crazy and that was fine. I then opened up the mp3 that had the collection of 17 songs, from your first web page. All songs were fine except the last one....Yep, In The Mood. (I thought the Growl Sax sounded cool).

The pages look great, very polished. Definitely lookin' good!

-mike

#130279 - 03/01/05 07:07 AM Re: Demo's on my website should be ok for everyone now. New tunes added. Please test.
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Scott,

Everything works just fine now, however, I agree with Mike and Don, there is some distortion on some songs. In The Mood was definitely distorted, and I too looked at it in Sound Forge XP and notices it was a bit hot. You may want to run them though Sound Forge or a similar program and do a bit of editing. That should solve the problem.

Overall, thumbs up!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online