SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#130254 - 01/09/02 01:19 AM Midifile storage on PSR2000
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Question,
As I have only just recently got the keyboard what I want to know is....is it possible to store a couple of Midifiles internally and indefinately on the PSR2000, I usually do a gig without the the use of Midifiles but occasionally use two tracks and the although the read time between tracks is short it is enough to lose a packed dance floor so perhaps storing the tracks internally will eradicate the delay problem.... any ideas chaps.
Pasa

#130255 - 01/09/02 05:15 AM Re: Midifile storage on PSR2000
Michael Krueger Offline

Hi Pasa,

insert the diskette containing your MIDI files, then open the song folder. Press Copy button, select individual files (or all), go to the User area, then press Paste.

Done.

Michael

#130256 - 01/09/02 05:43 AM Re: Midifile storage on PSR2000
pasadoble Offline

Cheers Michael,
Had an inkling it could be done but asking somebody is 10 times faster than going through the manual.
Pasa.

[This message has been edited by pasadoble (edited 01-09-2002).]

#130257 - 01/09/02 11:24 AM Re: Midifile storage on PSR2000
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I have three midi files in my user section, and a full bank of 10 or 12 user styles. I think my memory is maxed out there. I can't add anymore midi files, but there may be room for a few more registrations.
Truth is - I only use a few registrations anyway, and the on board smf's are mostly for sound checks, or emergency "pit stops". (Bathroom or phone breaks!)

#130258 - 01/09/02 03:25 PM Re: Midifile storage on PSR2000
pasadoble Offline

Thanks for extra info UncleDave, I have managed to store my two MF's OK, they only amount to about 140kb, I have read in the manual that there is 1MB storage space but I would expect a lot of that is aready taken with other applications.
Will be using the PSR2000 for the first time on Saturday night at a hotel based Masonic Dinner-Dance in Bournmouth UK(dont know whether you have those sort of functions in the US)these gigs are long and tedious! arrive at 17.30 set up by 18.30 disappear until 22.15 play until 1am long drive home, in bed at about 4am, sleep all day Sunday.
Look out for report on how the 2000 performed on the gig sometime Sunday(thats if I get up)

#130259 - 01/09/02 06:56 PM Re: Midifile storage on PSR2000
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
pasadoble: I am a 33rd degree Mason living in a Village Estate (private home) on the 200 acre complex of the Michigan Masonic Home in Michigan, USA. To answer your question about such activity as your Gig coming up, the answer is yes. There are hundreds of such events, taking place every week of the year throughout the 50 U.S. States. When you consider all the different branches of Masonery, such as: Blue Lodges, Chapters, Councils, Scottish Rites, Commandery's, Shrines, Eastern Stars, etc & etc., with each body offering a multitude of events to its members, you can see there is a trememdous opportunity for gigging. I recommend all you PRO's out there educate yourselves on these organizations, that you possibly could enhance your incomes, by offering your services to these wonderful people to deal with. Good luck to all---ARJ

#130260 - 01/10/02 05:45 AM Re: Midifile storage on PSR2000
pasadoble Offline

Sorry Arthur R. Jacobs, hope you did not think I was refering to the Masonic movement
when I said 'tedious' the blame for this goes to the UK hotels as they like you set up on stage before the lodge members enter the ballroom to sit down too eat they then expect you disappear for 3-1/2 hours and then expect you to change into your Tux in the toilets, they provide no refreshments for what turns out to be almost a 12 hour event what with traveling/setting up/performing etc.
I would say that 85% of my work is for Masonic lodges, it is unfortunate that I live about 50 miles away from most of my regular performing venues, my only solution is to move closer to my venue's
Pasa

#130261 - 01/10/02 08:18 AM Re: Midifile storage on PSR2000
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Like Sam Kinnison said, so beautifly about the solution to world hunger .......

"Why don't they live where the FOOD is ???"

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online