SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#130196 - 07/05/06 05:12 AM Is there a musical foot key pedal board that sends major and minor chord info?
Awesome John Offline

Loc: Marmaris, Turkey
I lost my keyboard player the gigs are waiting and my bills are piling up...
so I decided (thanks to your suggestions on this board) to buy a ketron midijay... okey but how do I send it "music chord data?" Im not a keyboard player...

Okey before the gig I could get another key boartd player to drop by and plug in his keyboard to it and play the chords so that the midijay could memorise the songs in a certain style etc...
But I want to be able to use the midi jay in "reel time" and send it "what key to play in information with a foot pedal board" is this possible.. I saw the rolands have a couple that could work when pluged in to the midijay... so I guess I could get by with it... maybe assign a pedal or 2 for "fills" endings and intros...

Yeah in theory it all sounds good but "How do I tell it to play a minor cord? When you play one note with your foot the ketron will play a major How do I tell it to play a minor chord...???

This way I could improvise on the guitar and be relaxed and extend songs etc...

So The question is ... "is there a cool live performance orientated foot pedalboard that has these features that I could plug into my ne midi jay and just go out there and gig playing magor and minor chords??"

#130197 - 07/05/06 06:44 AM Re: Is there a musical foot key pedal board that sends major and minor chord info?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
The Roland PK5 and most other midi bass pedals can play polyphonically, so you could play two-note chords with your feet. Sending that info to the bass section of the MidiJay would probably result in a chord of your choosing as long as the MidiJay recognizes the notes.

BTW - I have a great set of MidiStep pedals made by Fast Forward Systems (Hammond/Suzuki) that I'm about to put up for sale. If you're interested, email me.

And if Donny or someone else will refresh my memory, I'll put up a couple pics.

#130198 - 07/05/06 06:49 AM Re: Is there a musical foot key pedal board that sends major and minor chord info?
Dnj Offline

cassp [img] [/img]

put the picture URL in between the two codes

#130199 - 07/05/06 11:23 AM Re: Is there a musical foot key pedal board that sends major and minor chord info?
cassp Offline

Donny, I don't have a URL. Can't I upload?

#130200 - 07/05/06 11:25 AM Re: Is there a musical foot key pedal board that sends major and minor chord info?
cassp Offline

???

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 07-05-2006).]

#130201 - 07/05/06 11:40 AM Re: Is there a musical foot key pedal board that sends major and minor chord info?
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Though they sound great theoratically,"tap dancing live"( to pressing 2 switches all the time with your feet-to input single finger chord like info) may not be that practical if you want to focus on playing guitar/singing;though you can use as a simple drum machine -(intro-vari1-fill1-vari2,3-fill2-ending etc).

I would check GEM xp module out (more tuned for arranger live use with a midi controller,but havier)before getting MIDJAY.
but getting a T1/T2(or lighter 3K)is also advised for the long run(for super fast song creation-excellent 3rd party support for styles,kar /xg files with vocal harmony).

Did you check your mail,Asim?

#130202 - 07/06/06 01:31 PM Re: Is there a musical foot key pedal board that sends major and minor chord info?
Awesome John Offline

Loc: Marmaris, Turkey
Yes Jamman I got your message and wrote you back... but the email returned undeliverable.. thank you for your help...

I called my Ketron dealer and he said that Ketron is now building a foot pedal middle controller for reel time music performance with teh Ketron line.. it has a start stop button a fill button and a pedal for major minor chords.. lets see hwta happens but also thanks for your suggestions witl the GEM xp I will check them both out..

#130203 - 07/06/06 03:16 PM Re: Is there a musical foot key pedal board that sends major and minor chord info?
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
John..Ketron has been building what you need for years. A long time ago, they made a thing called an auto orchestra. Majors, minors 7ths and, I think, diminished chords were triggered off four button on the volume pedal. Contact AJ. You played the right note on conventional looking 13 note pedalboard. accessed rythems on a controller (or on a separate unit or arranger today), and "went at it". George Kaye or Dano could also fill you in. You would neerd the bass pedal devise and the arranger keyboard or module to do it.

good luck!

Russ

#130204 - 07/06/06 03:26 PM Re: Is there a musical foot key pedal board that sends major and minor chord info?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
You can use any midi bass pedals you want with the Ketron Midjay. Ketron also makes a Volumne pedal that has 4 switches in each corner of the pedal. You play the root of the chord with the midi pedal and make the minor chord by using your toe or heal .

You could possibly use the midi bass pedals and also use a Ketron FS6 or FS13 footswitch vs. the volumne pedal.

Dan O

------------------
Ketron, Yamaha, Casio,Korg
http://www.baltimoremusiccenter.com
1-866-348-8876

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online