SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#130076 - 02/21/05 10:32 AM Re: Hi Starkeeper, Are You Still Wanting to Use Fonts?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Setting up the official version of OMB was nice and smooth. I haven't tried to MIDI it up to my keyboard yet. Maybe next weekend.
I also installed AnotherXG. I can't say that I can tell the differnece between that and SynergiGS, but will have to do more tests.
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 02-21-2005).]

#130077 - 02/21/05 01:36 PM Re: Hi Starkeeper, Are You Still Wanting to Use Fonts?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
[Hi Starkeeper,
great to hear everything went ok.
I mainly noticed the difference in the piano sounds, between the synergi & the another xg.

If there's no great difference, it starts to make me wonder if something may have gone wrong with my Synergi download.

Congtratulations on your new psr1500.

best wishes
Rikki

QUOTE]Originally posted by Starkeeper:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#130078 - 02/21/05 02:24 PM Re: Hi Starkeeper, Are You Still Wanting to Use Fonts?
Starkeeper Offline

I didn't notice any difference in the playing of styles, didn't compare the pianos. I noticed that Another XG is slightly smaller then SynergiGS.
Starkeeper

#130079 - 02/25/05 09:20 AM Re: Hi Starkeeper, Are You Still Wanting to Use Fonts?
Starkeeper Offline

I'm thinking that I wud buy a 2.1 speaker system this weekend. This is my software arranger setup so far:
Hi speed computer system with 80 gig drive.
Soundblaster sound card.
OMB arranger software.
Live Synth Pro
GS and AnotherXG soundfonts.
Roland keyboard as a MIDI controller (with MIDI cables)
What wud be the next step? Will need decent solo instruments. What do you use as a wrapper?
What do you use as a host for vst instruments?
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 02-25-2005).]

#130080 - 02/25/05 01:15 PM Re: Hi Starkeeper, Are You Still Wanting to Use Fonts?
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Starkeeper,
Frank recommended (host) http://www.brainspawn.com/products/forte/?op=downloadDEMO

( Midi Yoke, are virtual midi cables to connect your host & OMB) http://www.midiox.com/index.htm?http://www.midiox.com/myoke.htm

and I also needed an asio driver for my laptop http://michael.tippach.bei.t-online.de/asio4all/

as for solo instruments , I can't help as I'm mainly a piano player, and I'm still using my Clavinova for solo sounds.

I think you could actually play your xg fonts via your sblive?? soundcard for time being, until you get yourself fully set up.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Starkeeper:
[B]I'm thinking that I wud buy a 2.1 speaker system this weekend. This is my software arranger setup so far:
Hi speed computer system with 80 gig drive.
Soundblaster sound card.
OMB arranger software.
Live Synth Pro
GS and AnotherXG soundfonts.
Roland keyboard as a MIDI controller (with MIDI cables)
What wud be the next step? Will need decent solo instruments. What do you use as a wrapper?
What do you use as a host for vst instruments?
Starkeeper

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#130081 - 02/28/05 07:03 AM Re: Hi Starkeeper, Are You Still Wanting to Use Fonts?
Starkeeper Offline

Thanks for the links. Will try Brainspawn. I do store AnotherXG in my SB Live card and play it from there. Sounds pretty good. My Roland has 64 styles with 2 variations with no user styles area. It was very nice to get 4 variations and virtually unlimited styles. I compared the piano in AnotherXG to SynergiGS and they are different, but I don't consider one better then the other.
I didn't purchase a 2.1 speaker system yet, but there is now one on sale at BestBuy this week.
I connected my Roland with MIDI cables to my computer and was able to get it working with no problem. I had a bit more trouble trying to get a left voice playing through OMB and playing the right voice through the Roland, but there is a very usefull utility program in the settings area that allows you to view what happens when you press a key. It tells you what note was received on what channel. This was very helpfull and I got it going. Left voice playing the styles thru OMB and right voice live through the Roland system.
When I was on that screen I noticed that pressing some function buttons on the arranger actually produced MIDI data (I thought all buttons were interrups!!!!). It could be possible, if OMB allowed it, to trigger fills, variations, etc. using buttons on the arranger.
I think you mentioned a link to an OMB forum. Can you give me that again.
Thanks
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 02-28-2005).]

#130082 - 02/28/05 06:42 PM Re: Hi Starkeeper, Are You Still Wanting to Use Fonts?
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Starkeeper,
good to hear you got everything up and running.
Just goes to show we all have different tastes in sounds.

Under settings " midi out" you should be able to pick and choose which soundsource is used for each of the midi channels.

OMB Group http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/onemanbandgroup/

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Starkeeper:
[B].
I compared the piano in AnotherXG to SynergiGS and they are different, but I don't consider one better then the other.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online