SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#130066 - 02/17/05 04:46 AM Re: Hi Starkeeper, Are You Still Wanting to Use Fonts?
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

Rikki, yes the second (or external) HD is used to stream large high quality instruments such as Bardstown Piano at 2.3GB.

You don't need to go to the highest quality effects to get good results. Effects place demands on the processor not your memory so much.

Thanks for asking about my wife. These have been very dark days and many tears. She is going for her first Chemo this coming Monday for lung cancer. The doctors have not been able to find the source of this cancer (breast, colon, pancreas, etc.). This makes it harder for them to devise the appropriate treatment.

I am becoming increasing disabled from arthritis. I am waiting for hip replacement - a 24 month wait. This makes for two old people barely being able to help each other. Don't get me wrong both of us are eternally grateful for what we have achieved especially in light of the fact that we are also mentally challenged. We went through life without assistance from others - so far.

#130067 - 02/17/05 07:27 AM Re: Hi Starkeeper, Are You Still Wanting to Use Fonts?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Rikki,
1) How/where do you postion the laptop while you are playing the keyboard?
2) How are you playing the piano, in full keyboard mode, to trigger the correct chords? Whenever I try to play in full keyboard mode, I need to hit chords with my left or right hand to get the arranger to recognize what chords to play. How does that affect your playing style?
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 02-17-2005).]

#130068 - 02/17/05 10:15 AM Re: Hi Starkeeper, Are You Still Wanting to Use Fonts?
Starkeeper Offline

Frank,
I am sorry about your wife's health. My prayers are with you.
Arthr-its. "Its" means inflamation. It is not a virus or bacteria. Most alternative doctors consider it to be an auto-immune response. It is your own immune system attacking something it shouldn't. My wife's naturopath, who has arthritis as well, recommend that she follow a diet from Peter D'adamo's book/diet called Eat Right For Your Blood Type. When she follows this diet she has less pain, when she is off it it comes back. Just a thought from Dr. Quack.
Mentally challenged. LOL.
Starkeeper

#130069 - 02/17/05 01:54 PM Re: Hi Starkeeper, Are You Still Wanting to Use Fonts?

Starkeeper, thanks for your concern and advice.

#130070 - 02/17/05 02:26 PM Re: Hi Starkeeper, Are You Still Wanting to Use Fonts?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Starkeeper,
I've tried a few methods.
With the piano, I just sit it on top.
DGX, I have a little coffee table? approx 8x12 inches, so I just sit that next to me,
I've also used a really cheap remote computer keyboard i picked up at the grocery store. i can rest it on the piano's music stand. Jos I beleive also has stickers that you stick on your keys ie intro1 variations etc ( haven't tried that). The beauty is , in OMB setup, you can actually assign which keys do what function. ie q w e can be your 3 intro's. Basically you can set it up to how it suits you. I've left a lot of the functions out, because I don't use them.

Settings,
Chord Fingering
Full Keyboard
With this method I can play the chords anywhere on the piano, either left or right hand chords. Have to hit at least 3 keys at once for a chord change to occur.
Takes a bit of getting used to, so just fool around. I mainly use piano as my melody instrument, so this setting suits me well.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Starkeeper:
[B]Rikki,
1)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#130071 - 02/17/05 02:45 PM Re: Hi Starkeeper, Are You Still Wanting to Use Fonts?
rikkisbears Offline

Frank,
so sorry to hear you are both not well. As for the tears, I know full well, I shed quite a few myself last year during my husbands illnes.
My husband's mother had lung cancer 5 years ago. They operated etc etc She's fine now and in her mid 80's. They do wonders nowadays.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#130072 - 02/17/05 02:49 PM Re: Hi Starkeeper, Are You Still Wanting to Use Fonts?
Starkeeper Offline

"I've also used a really cheap remote computer keyboard i picked up at the grocery store"
An excellent idea. Thanks Rikki.
Starkeeper

#130073 - 02/17/05 05:30 PM Re: Hi Starkeeper, Are You Still Wanting to Use Fonts?

Rikki, thanks for your kindness and understanding.

#130074 - 02/18/05 09:55 AM Re: Hi Starkeeper, Are You Still Wanting to Use Fonts?
Starkeeper Offline

I purchased OMB. Will set it up this weekend.
Starkeeper

#130075 - 02/18/05 10:35 PM Re: Hi Starkeeper, Are You Still Wanting to Use Fonts?
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Starkeeper,
how did you go with the OMB setup.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Starkeeper:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >