SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#129775 - 03/27/07 01:03 PM Nigel, I'm Stayting...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Probably more than some, I know and appreciate what a task it is to sustain a huge communication effort like the "Zone". And, given the re-occuring "sillines/disrespect" that pops up all too frequently, I wouldn't blame Nigel for just throwing in the towel and shutting the thing down. After all, he gets no compensation for time taken out of a full schedule of designing games, playing, spending time with Kerry and more. Add to that some occasional personal snipes which, I believe, went way over the edge.

I looked at the site suggested on another post, recognized many names and liked the fact that players of instruments other than arrangers were included.

But, for now, I'm staying here. This is the only site of this kind I visit.

I think the people who cause controversy number less than 5. What a shame they cause such havoc; usually because they don't re-read posts and consider the damage they can cause.

Out of respect for others, let's jointly straighten out our act.

As a group, we should be ABOVE all that.

I fundamentally disagree with some of my friends here concerning equipment, type of music, kinds of venues, use of MP-3's, etc., but would much prefer to respect them as individuals and enjoy the interaction.

From here on out, lets ALL give Nigel the appreciation and respect he deserves.

Russ

#129776 - 03/27/07 02:20 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I'm here too ....
t.

#129777 - 03/27/07 02:32 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Vquestor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
I'm here too ....
t.

Ditto

#129778 - 03/27/07 03:01 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
tony mads usa Offline

well, I registered at that other site, said hi, and mentioned that I would be checking it out, but would not be leaving S-Z because Nigel has done so much ... My message was edited by the admin for mentioning another site !!! ...
t.

#129779 - 03/27/07 03:13 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Chris Valenti Offline

Loc: Florida
I have learned much over the years on this board. I've also shared things/info that I thought could positively affect others who visited here. I will continue to do so.

Thanks Nigel for keeping the entire site working.

Chris

------------------
http://www.myspace.com/mychrisvalenti

Chris Valenti on itunes
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=212635753

#129780 - 03/27/07 04:28 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
well, I registered at that other site, said hi, and mentioned that I would be checking it out, but would not be leaving S-Z because Nigel has done so much ... My message was edited by the admin for mentioning another site !!! ...
t.

Gee, that's strange Tony...your post wasn't potentially volatile or anything, was it?

Ian

------------------
Common misconception...size and weight equal quality and performance. Don't be fooled.

#129781 - 03/27/07 07:01 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm here to stay. Nigel is THE man !
I've been here too long to let a few temper tantrums get me down. I love this place.

#129782 - 03/27/07 08:01 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
There was an occasion when somebody else mentioned the SynthZone on that forum. The result was a discussion that raised bad temper. The moderator is concerned that this wont happen again. That's why he edited your post.

Sorry guys but all of you seem to like arguing - and the SZ is a fertilized soil for quarrels. 1/3 of the posts are meaningless quarrels, 1/3 of the posts praise Nigel for letting the quarrels go and 1/3 (?) of the posts deliver very little pieces of useful information.

Y'all better stay here. This is definitely my last post.

#129783 - 03/27/07 10:17 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks so much for all your kind support. But hey, use http://www.smallgig.com as well as here because it does look like a very useful forum. You can find good info at many websites online so make sure you use them all. I know you will continue to visit here as well.

And I can understand that if the moderator has had problems when discussion of http://synthzone.com has arisen that he would choose to avoid that happening again by editing out any references.

You can be assured I won't ever be editing the content of your postings here. But I do have some understanding of moderators that decide to go that path. The level of censorship is always a tough thing to decide.

#129784 - 03/27/07 11:43 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Regrettably any forum for public discussion attracts some unwelcome activity, but ultimately if we didn't care about what we are doing there'd never be anything useful here, it's just a pity that the passions can get out of hand.

#129785 - 03/28/07 12:43 AM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
to the genesys Offline

The synthzone is the place to be for arranger playing, music playing and life in general.
It is bigger than any one persons ego or self-righteousness.
I am glad that the ones who feel that their egos and opinions are bigger, better and more important than the collective group of synthzone have decided to leave.
I am here to stay for the discussions and different ideas as to how to do things.

#129786 - 03/28/07 01:58 AM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Interaction with other people, no matter the way (verbal, written, or any other way) requires common sense.

In today's world, where everyone is full of stress over everyday matters, common sense tends to come second after "MY" matters (my opinion, my needs, my ego, my music, my wife, my everything).

What people tend to forget, and the primary reason quarrels (and subsequent fights and departures from the forum) exist, is that EVERYBODY has his/her own "MY" things. And they tend to clash with the other's.

So easy to communicate, yet so difficult.

Ah, and by the way, I am staying, for all who care.
My compliments, congratulations and personal thanks to Nigel for all this effort.
Theodore

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 03-28-2007).]

#129787 - 03/28/07 02:16 AM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I wouldn't think of leaving the zone either,but since when is any one forum exclusive ?

I belong to 12 forums and drop in to them all from time to time.

#129788 - 03/28/07 03:23 AM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...

Theodore, we care and value you as a contributor.

thanks,

russ

#129789 - 03/28/07 03:53 AM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
I wouldn't think of leaving the zone either,but since when is any one forum exclusive ?

I belong to 12 forums and drop in to them all from time to time.

Bernie I agree, I belong to about 6 forums and take the best from what's shared then leave the rest. I try to steer clear of controversy whether it be here, any other forum or in the real world and usually leave my ego at the door before I post.

#129790 - 03/28/07 04:55 AM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by George V:
There was an occasion when somebody else mentioned the SynthZone on that forum. The result was a discussion that raised bad temper. The moderator is concerned that this wont happen again. That's why he edited your post.

Sorry guys but all of you seem to like arguing ...

Obviously I wasn't aware of that, nor was that mentioned by the moderator when he edited my post ... Had I been aware, I certainly wouldn't have mentioned it ... I only stated that, while I was signing on to smallgigs, I wasn't 'leaving' Synth-Zone ...

I'm not arguing with your statement, but I think the use of the word 'all' is a stretch ...

We will stay here, and perhaps show up other places ...
We ALL lose by your action ...
t.

#129791 - 03/28/07 08:59 AM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Well, I'm here - every day, usually many times every day. Other forums are good and there's nothing wrong in reading other forums. But SZ is still my first choice whenever I'm online.

#129792 - 03/28/07 12:46 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Nigel Offline
Admin

You should use ALL valuable resources you find online. That is what makes the Internet so useful. Obviously http://www.synthzone.com is all about providing links to electronic music resources for keyboard players online. That always been the main goal of the site.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 03-28-2007).]

#129793 - 03/28/07 02:36 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Well I'm LEAVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Just to be different...lol)

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#129794 - 03/28/07 04:26 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
What?
Other forums?
Naw, can't be.

This is THE place to visit.

#129795 - 03/28/07 05:49 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
TP123 Offline

Loc: Fla. / Nashville
I think SZ is the granddaddy but there are some
new grandkids... and as Capt. Kirk sez
"now now Mr. Scott... Young minds---fresh ideas!"

I for one can not understand some of the BS that went on and will continue to use ANY and all sources
of info, communication and learning including here
at the SZ Bar & Grill.

Thanks Nigel for a great board and for all you do for all of us!

Tom Patrick

#129796 - 03/28/07 06:27 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
zuki Offline

Me too

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#129797 - 03/28/07 06:48 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Me too

You're a granddaddy, Zuki???

#129798 - 04/01/07 05:38 AM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I just wanted throw my two cents in...

I like both forums and one of the reasons I'm enjoying the new kid on the block is that IMO, he has gone out of his way to make it very clear that smallgigs is NOT a place to come complain about SZ. (No reference whatsoever to Tony)...the moderator there has taken the high road consistently.

Like Nigel says...enjoy both sites...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#129799 - 04/02/07 06:28 AM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
I just wanted throw my two cents in...

I like both forums and one of the reasons I'm enjoying the new kid on the block is that IMO, he has gone out of his way to make it very clear that smallgigs is NOT a place to come complain about SZ. (No reference whatsoever to Tony)...the moderator there has taken the high road consistently.

Like Nigel says...enjoy both sites...

Bill ... If I am the "Tony" you are referring to, (by saying "no reference whatsoever to Tony), in NO WAY did my post at smallgigs contain a complaint about S-Z ... In fact, I have NEVER had a complaint about S-Z ... the truth is, my post on smallgigs stated that while I had signed up there, in no way was I leaving S-Z ... the moderator of smallgigs apparently did not want any mention about S-Z on his site ... It's his site, he has his reasons, so I have no problem with that ...
While I will visit other places, Synth-Zone will ALWAYS be HOME to me ...
t.

#129800 - 04/02/07 12:03 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I'm outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to go to dinner

#129801 - 05/18/07 04:57 AM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Dnj Offline

wow I was just thinking that sooo many people have left the synthzone ....
where are they now?

#129802 - 05/18/07 11:11 AM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
renig Online   content

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by George V:

Sorry guys but all of you seem to like arguing - and the SZ is a fertilized soil for quarrels. 1/3 of the posts are meaningless quarrels, 1/3 of the posts praise Nigel for letting the quarrels go and 1/3 (?) of the posts deliver very little pieces of useful information.

Hmmmm . . . let's see if I have this right. So all the nice chaps on that forum got into a "discussion that raised bad temper" entirely generated by their good, mannerable selves having felt prompted to do so by the mere mention of Synth Zone and the moderator, obviously a sensitive fellow, got the old delete button pumping. What a peculiar scenario. Glad that doesn't happen around here. Cheers, Nige!!!

#129803 - 05/19/07 01:47 AM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Nigel Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by renig:
Hmmmm . . . let's see if I have this right. So all the nice chaps on that forum got into a "discussion that raised bad temper" entirely generated by their good, mannerable selves having felt prompted to do so by the mere mention of Synth Zone and the moderator, obviously a sensitive fellow, got the old delete button pumping. What a peculiar scenario. Glad that doesn't happen around here. Cheers, Nige!!!

lmao renig .... I really had to smile to myself when I read your posting. You summed things up very nicely.

.... I guess Zone IS a 4 letter word.

#129804 - 05/19/07 03:22 AM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Keith W. Bailey Offline

Loc: New Castle Indiana USA
Let's just take a few deep breaths and all stay here, the Best there is for us! Some may irritate, but most do not! keep on talking about and making good muusic. I read daily, sometimes twice a day, and I enjoy it here!

#129805 - 05/20/07 01:47 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Just to say that I to want to thank Nigel for all of the good he has produced with the "ZONE" and that I take pride in being a member of this forum, however, I am a member of at least 7 different forums and enjoy everyone of them as I'm sure many if not all of the member of the small gig forum....I read almost daily most posts of interest to me while others I pass on....I post where I feel I can contribute while other post of mine may be on a search or learning mission but my absence of posts does not imply that I'm
no longer here or a member. I enjoy the learning experience I get from all of the forums if used properly and I really do thank Nigel for the opportunity to be here.
This is a wonderful forum and his job is a
thankless one for the most part and it is very hard to keep the line taught while being fair to all members...as Capt Russ said in the beginning, Nigel does a fantastic
job with the forum but not everyone appreciates it or the work it takes to keep it together...Nigel, although my posts' have been fewer my loyalty is as strong as ever. Thank You
TR

[This message has been edited by Tony Rome (edited 05-20-2007).]

#129806 - 05/20/07 05:53 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Nigel Offline
Admin

Thanks Tony for all your support. And I am complete agreement with you. Eveyone should use all the forums available to them on the Internet. They all have good information to offer. And different people have different expectations of how they like a forum to be run. No-one can please everyone. smallgig.com simply offers a different rule set that some users prefer. There really is no right or wrong here. There are quite a few very experienced arranger users at that forum who offer some very good advice. I visit it myself.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 05-20-2007).]

#129807 - 05/21/07 05:38 AM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I echo Tony's thoughts. I still read here daily and appreciate the forum. It's just that there isn't as much that seems to be interesting to me as there once was. I absolutely will not participate in the arguments any more. I so often see statements that are inflammatory or at least border on being so. I will never understand why people can't communicate politely, but I won't fall into the trap again.
Keep up the good work Nigel.
DonM

#129808 - 05/21/07 05:48 AM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...

Well said, Tony and "gentleman" Don!

R.

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 05-21-2007).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online