SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#129775 - 03/27/07 01:03 PM Nigel, I'm Stayting...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Probably more than some, I know and appreciate what a task it is to sustain a huge communication effort like the "Zone". And, given the re-occuring "sillines/disrespect" that pops up all too frequently, I wouldn't blame Nigel for just throwing in the towel and shutting the thing down. After all, he gets no compensation for time taken out of a full schedule of designing games, playing, spending time with Kerry and more. Add to that some occasional personal snipes which, I believe, went way over the edge.

I looked at the site suggested on another post, recognized many names and liked the fact that players of instruments other than arrangers were included.

But, for now, I'm staying here. This is the only site of this kind I visit.

I think the people who cause controversy number less than 5. What a shame they cause such havoc; usually because they don't re-read posts and consider the damage they can cause.

Out of respect for others, let's jointly straighten out our act.

As a group, we should be ABOVE all that.

I fundamentally disagree with some of my friends here concerning equipment, type of music, kinds of venues, use of MP-3's, etc., but would much prefer to respect them as individuals and enjoy the interaction.

From here on out, lets ALL give Nigel the appreciation and respect he deserves.

Russ

#129776 - 03/27/07 02:20 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I'm here too ....
t.

#129777 - 03/27/07 02:32 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Vquestor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
I'm here too ....
t.

Ditto

#129778 - 03/27/07 03:01 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
well, I registered at that other site, said hi, and mentioned that I would be checking it out, but would not be leaving S-Z because Nigel has done so much ... My message was edited by the admin for mentioning another site !!! ...
t.

#129779 - 03/27/07 03:13 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Chris Valenti Offline

Loc: Florida
I have learned much over the years on this board. I've also shared things/info that I thought could positively affect others who visited here. I will continue to do so.

Thanks Nigel for keeping the entire site working.

Chris

------------------
http://www.myspace.com/mychrisvalenti

Chris Valenti on itunes
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=212635753

#129780 - 03/27/07 04:28 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
well, I registered at that other site, said hi, and mentioned that I would be checking it out, but would not be leaving S-Z because Nigel has done so much ... My message was edited by the admin for mentioning another site !!! ...
t.

Gee, that's strange Tony...your post wasn't potentially volatile or anything, was it?

Ian

------------------
Common misconception...size and weight equal quality and performance. Don't be fooled.

#129781 - 03/27/07 07:01 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm here to stay. Nigel is THE man !
I've been here too long to let a few temper tantrums get me down. I love this place.

#129782 - 03/27/07 08:01 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
There was an occasion when somebody else mentioned the SynthZone on that forum. The result was a discussion that raised bad temper. The moderator is concerned that this wont happen again. That's why he edited your post.

Sorry guys but all of you seem to like arguing - and the SZ is a fertilized soil for quarrels. 1/3 of the posts are meaningless quarrels, 1/3 of the posts praise Nigel for letting the quarrels go and 1/3 (?) of the posts deliver very little pieces of useful information.

Y'all better stay here. This is definitely my last post.

#129783 - 03/27/07 10:17 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks so much for all your kind support. But hey, use http://www.smallgig.com as well as here because it does look like a very useful forum. You can find good info at many websites online so make sure you use them all. I know you will continue to visit here as well.

And I can understand that if the moderator has had problems when discussion of http://synthzone.com has arisen that he would choose to avoid that happening again by editing out any references.

You can be assured I won't ever be editing the content of your postings here. But I do have some understanding of moderators that decide to go that path. The level of censorship is always a tough thing to decide.

#129784 - 03/27/07 11:43 PM Re: Nigel, I'm Stayting...
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Regrettably any forum for public discussion attracts some unwelcome activity, but ultimately if we didn't care about what we are doing there'd never be anything useful here, it's just a pity that the passions can get out of hand.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online