SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#129711 - 10/11/06 12:37 PM multipads on/off/on
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
On my T2 when I am playing a style and hit a multipad that is a loop it starts to play, mutes during the next measure, and then starts again and continues to play. I assume this has something to do with synchronizing to the style. Is there a way to turn this off so the multipad just starts and continues?

#129712 - 10/11/06 01:07 PM Re: multipads on/off/on
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Yes, by hitting the multipad at the beginning of the beat.
This way it doesn't have to synchronize since it is already.
A little tricky, but it can be done with a little practice.

Eric

#129713 - 10/11/06 02:17 PM Re: multipads on/off/on
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Robert,
same thing happens in my psr1500. If I don't hit the pad at the correct moment it appears to try & catch up and sometimes it misses a complete bar.
I got used to the technics system where the pad would sync no matter what beat of the bar you pressed it.

Takes a bit of getting used to pressing it at just the right time.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RobertG:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#129714 - 10/12/06 05:39 AM Re: multipads on/off/on
RobertG Offline

Eric/Rikki: Thanks for confirming. I had noticed that right-on-beat-one does it.

Eric, you are right about needing to practice it to perfect it. It's funny how this has to be on the beat but if you want a style variation A-B-C-D to start at beat one you need to hit it during the previous measure.

I was hoping there was some magic config feature I didn't know about that made it behave the way Rikki described the Technics.

#129715 - 10/12/06 08:41 PM Re: multipads on/off/on
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Robert,
I wish there was too. I LUVED the way the KN7 handled pads.
I keep forgetting also that hitting an additional pad doesn't cancell out the previous one. Bit disasterous when all of a sudden I've got 2 or 3 conflicting piano loops running and I need to cancell an unwanted pad by having to press the particular pad & the stop button. I think one needs to have 3 arms haa haa.

By the way did you spot Bluezplayers multipads? http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/014232.html
Unfortunately AJ's left Synthzone but he also loaded them into the files section of http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/makingstyles/files/

best wishes
rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by RobertG:

I was hoping there was some magic config feature I didn't know about that made it behave the way Rikki described the Technics.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#129716 - 10/13/06 06:39 AM Re: multipads on/off/on
RobertG Offline

Rikki: Thanks for the heads up on AJ's pads. I will check them out.

You're right about the additive nature of the T2 multipads. I wish there were toggle on/off. However, the third arm would be pretty cool to have too, except for needing all new shirts.

BTW, just in case there are some secrets we don't know of I do have a tech support call in with Yamaha about multipad behavior.

#129717 - 10/13/06 07:11 PM Re: multipads on/off/on
RobertG Offline

Yamaha called me back. No secrets.

#129718 - 10/13/06 07:37 PM Re: multipads on/off/on
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Robert,
pity.

I actually hope to be able to incorporate the odd looping pad into the style itself.
Defeats the purpose of having a pad, but less drama than trying to press pad 1 for variation 1, then pad 2 for variation 2 etc etc . My timings bad enough without trying to hit it just at the right time, then try & mute it when I change to the next variation & next pad.

I think the process should be easy enough, just make a style out of the pad using mid to style function in (omb or emc etc). Then use style assembly in the psr, & import the various pads ( now style parts )into the style I want to alter .. Reason for doing it this way is that OMB appears to alter an orignal style & EMC takes out the ots.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by RobertG:
Yamaha called me back. No secrets.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#129719 - 10/14/06 02:24 PM Re: multipads on/off/on
RobertG Offline

Rikki: Seems like a lot of steps to get what we want. Let me know if you are successful. FYI, I was using the Guitar Pop Style with Latin Pop multipad. Mainly used style variation B with multipad 2 or all four multipads.

I have resorted to the really hard way. Practice alot until I get the timing right.

The best we can hope for is that Yamaha took my request to allow the behavior we want as an option in multi-pad setting.

#129720 - 10/14/06 04:27 PM Re: multipads on/off/on
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Robert,
if you email me the style & the multipad
( in a zip folder) I'll give it a try.
rikkisbears@hotmail.com
As I only have the PSR1500, your Tyros2 may use mega voices which I don't have, plus mine doesn't have all the pads the Tyros2 has. Hopefully my psr won't change any of the settings.
The main challenge is to create a style from the pads, copying them into your Guitar Pop style shouldn't be that difficult.
If it works I'll send you the "pad" style as well, means you can copy it into other styles as well.

The beauty of using style assembly function is that you don't mess your original style up too much if you just change the odd instrument track here & there.

I gather you must be muting the guitar in the style ? and using the pad in it's place ??

I have to agree, be great if they worked like the Technics pads did.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RobertG:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online