SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#129507 - 12/26/06 08:45 PM Re: UPS - careful
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
My new Rocknroller R10 cart was shipped via UPS. The box had two holes where the axles had punched through. One of the end caps was broken. It had to be handled EXTREMELY roughly to do this.
Nothing serious, but another reason not to trust anything valuable to UPS, in my opinion.
DonM

#129508 - 12/27/06 04:50 AM Re: UPS - careful
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
FYI... most UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, and other carriers 2 and 3 day air packages are actually transported via truck and train (not air).

If this is true, I would think someone could sue their you-knows off for false advertisement. Really. Are you sure?

Hmmm... I used to ship a ton of stuff... if what you say is true, then why are those big planes loading out every night for UPS and FedEx? What do you know about this that I don't know?

------------------
Bill
SmallGig.com

#129509 - 12/27/06 04:52 AM Re: UPS - careful
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by JimP:
A few years ago I shipped a keyboard via ups and it was damaged. I paid to insure the keyboard for the full retail price, but ups refused to pay for the damage. They said it was not packed properly. I used the factory box and used more packing material then the factory uses. I also double boxed it by placing the factoy box inside another box. UPS tried every way to avoid paying for damage that was their fault. I will not use them for expensive equipment.

Did they eventually pay? If not... I'd sue them in small claims court.

Your story makes it to where you'd best take pictures of each packing step you do when you pack the box for expensive items.

------------------
Bill
SmallGig.com

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online