SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#12916 - 10/06/04 04:21 AM Recovering old Casio forum posts
sminhinnick Offline

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
Does anyone know if we can use the Google cache feature to recover useful posts from the Casio wk series forum?

I can get to the description of the posts but have been unable to find a way to "drill down" into the content, so I can save it to repost elsewhere.

Any ideas?

Stephen

#12917 - 10/06/04 04:56 AM Re: Recovering old Casio forum posts
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
If they have 'unplugged' the site, the links are gone. I had been filing some of my explainations, on my computer...and may try to work out a 'frequent question' type document...if there is an interest. I hope as users migrate here, that they will post that they have 'arrived'

#12918 - 10/06/04 04:58 AM Re: Recovering old Casio forum posts
sminhinnick Offline

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
I have discovered that typing something like "WK Series Performance site:www.casio.co.uk" into Google gives good links. Click on the "cached" link to see a saved version of it (doesn't always work though).

Another good search term that returns only the most important links is "Jim site:www.casio.co.uk" ;-)

Stephen

#12919 - 10/09/04 08:42 PM Re: Recovering old Casio forum posts
MrEd Offline

I had just learned about the Casio site forum 2 nights before it disappeared and on those 2 nights, I really enjoyed reading the posts from you guys and others as well. Then I came back the next night and it had vanished.

Good Luck in your efforts.

Ed

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online