SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#129105 - 10/01/04 02:27 PM Re: Regret my PSR 3000 purchase...
to the genesys Offline

The genesys pro does have arranger and “workstation” functions. That and the Korg pax1 are probably the only keyboards I know of that have a decent representation of both arranger and “workstation” capability.

It is not the greatest keyboard; I don’t think there is such a thing but for me I get the most value for the money. It does not have the really really advance “workstation” functions that have been appearing in the new fantum and tritons, but it gets the job done.

The ability to make styles on arrangers gives the keyboard the ability to be up to date with different musical times and feel. Also, having a sampler is just so important today. The ability to load new sounds makes the freshness of the keyboard last longer because you can replace some of the old factory sounds temporarily with newer fresher sounds. You don’t always have to be looking to get the latest keyboard that a manufacture puts out there.

To me it beats having to get a Yamaha motif and a tyros together or a Korg triton and pa-1x. Not that I would not like to have those keyboards because I think that they are great in their own respect.

Now if the genesys were just 76 keys. Or maybe that is what the module is for connecting it to your favorite 76 or 88 controller.

I can not wait for the day that a keyboard manufacture will have all the advance “workstation” and arranger functions, the ability to connect with a computer, with lots of effects and a sampler all in one not too heavy single 76 keyboard or module.

It is probably not a technology issue but a business decision issue.

#129106 - 10/01/04 02:49 PM Re: Regret my PSR 3000 purchase...
digitalvision Offline

Loc: UK
Yeah, keep up that price thingy, very HARD WORKED FOR in ANY CASE.

#129107 - 10/01/04 02:50 PM Re: Regret my PSR 3000 purchase...
digitalvision Offline

The ability to CREATE STYLES takes a college course and a PhD, which is out of the norm for 98% of players, no argument there.

#129108 - 10/01/04 03:03 PM Re: Regret my PSR 3000 purchase...
to the genesys Offline

Creating styles for use in a live performance is not rocket science nor is it a cakewalk. Same can be said for creating a song using a sequencer. Knowing the end result you want and how the arranger or sequencer works is the general theme for making styles and songs.

Sequencing a song or creating a style is neither for everyone nor for the faint at heart. To do it right it takes time and patients.

#129109 - 10/01/04 03:49 PM Re: Regret my PSR 3000 purchase...
digitalvision Offline

Creating styles is best left to professionals. Have you heard many (over 50) that have been created by non-pro style creators. Of course NOT, it is programming and most of us are not programmers, right?

#129110 - 10/01/04 04:47 PM Re: Regret my PSR 3000 purchase...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by digitalvision:
Creating styles is best left to professionals. Have you heard many (over 50) that have been created by non-pro style creators. Of course NOT, it is programming and most of us are not programmers, right?

Actually, I've heard a couple thousand styles created by non-professionals, and many were exceptional. Granted, some are mediocre at best, but a significant number of styles created by amatuers for yammie boards have been outstanding. In order to find them, though, you'll have to do a bit of searching around, listen to them carefully, and in some instances, make some minor modifications. Check out some of the other sites and listen to the styles with an open mind, and use the keyboard they were specifically designed for. If you're listening to styles on your PC, well, lets just say some do not sound good. Put the same style in the right keyboard and it's an entirely different matter.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#129111 - 10/01/04 07:34 PM Re: Regret my PSR 3000 purchase...
digitalvision Offline

In reply to the previous post, ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!!!!!! Let me hear them or provide a link to usable USER STYLES. Are you on the job?

#129112 - 10/02/04 07:03 AM Re: Regret my PSR 3000 purchase...
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Digitalvison.100% of the performances that i do with either the various choirs i work with or my own performances were done using my own created styles. I am a gospel music orientated musician. There is yet to be created a factory preset that sounded anywhere near close to contemporary gospel music.

I have a University degree but not in music. I am not a programmer , just someone that gets further into the arranger keyboard than most perhaps.

Thats one of the reasons i have not had to upgrade in terms of new styles beause i make them myself.

#129113 - 10/02/04 12:42 PM Re: Regret my PSR 3000 purchase...
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
digitalvision, I am sure you are not doing this intentionally, but I find some of the language you use, and your last response to Gary, really offensive.

Please be kind ..........

------------------
Graham

#129114 - 10/02/04 07:57 PM Re: Regret my PSR 3000 purchase...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by digitalvision:
The ability to CREATE STYLES takes a college course and a PhD

Hmmmmm, a little exageration there?
There are lots of opinions available here from lots of brilliant musicians. A little sugar coating might yield better results from those that can help you. Try not to alienate all of us at once now.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online