#128833 - 06/24/06 01:08 PM Re: OT: PC HELP NEEDED
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Tony, you have mail,
BEBOP

#128834 - 06/26/06 03:11 AM Re: OT: PC HELP NEEDED
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
You could run "msconfig" to see what is auto-starting and then disable if required; Google for the filename of anything you don't recognise.

I use both adaware and spybot to zap spyware of this nature. Possiblty paranoid but it seems to work. I've not been unfortunate enough to get this one yet, however.

#128835 - 06/26/06 03:34 AM Re: OT: PC HELP NEEDED
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
hey tony, might be quite radical, but just like stephenm52 said, i did the same. sometimes you can only erase everything by re-format the hard disk and reinstall windows and the other software you're using.
just make a back up, prepare half a day to spend with the computer and re do everything. i also discovered by doing this, i get rid of alot of unusuable things, trash that load my computer but i dont really need it! is funny how that happens!
good luck!

#128836 - 06/26/06 05:04 AM Re: OT: PC HELP NEEDED
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Tony
1. Did you re-install all your anti-spy ware software and update it after you removed pest trap, as it is possible that when pest trap was removed it removed some of the files for your other anti-spy ware products.
2. Make sure you do a full disc scan so as to fix any errors.
3. Download the Windows anti-spy ware program, and use this as well, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...&displaylang=en also run the malicious software tool. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...&displaylang=en
Finally run the removal software again, or better still if you feel confident, remove it manually. (Only do this if you feel confident in editing the registry, and MAKE SURE you BACK IT UP FIRST)
Hope this helps.

Bill

#128837 - 06/26/06 05:21 AM Re: OT: PC HELP NEEDED
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA

#128838 - 06/26/06 05:26 AM Re: OT: PC HELP NEEDED
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
To all: ... thnx for all the suggestions, and keep 'em comin' ...
I've tried almost all the suggestions with the exception of re-installing Spybot, Ad-aware, etc., and of course re-format will only be the FINAL solution ... I will try re-installing and re-updating the spyware ...
I did the microsoft Beta 2, but not the Malware ... I'll try that also ...
As I said, it does not seem that the PC is affected but that pop-up is VERY annoying ..
t.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online