SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#128729 - 03/09/05 05:12 AM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
Roel Offline

Al,
In the mid-eighties I also built the WERSI 350DX (in TWO days/nights) and it turned out to be a huge mistake. I remember the problems with downloading styles/sounds from compact-cassette.... a disaster! (tape errors)
Support & Service and knowledge almost nihil.

The 350DX left the house within a few months and it costed me a lot of money.

This adventure will keep me away from purchasing Wersi or Böhm (if fact two German competitors with similar products)

#128730 - 03/09/05 06:00 AM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Gunnar is this you or is this a response from the vendor: Bohm Organs?

No, it's Böhm who reply by themselves.
A bit messy when use the quote that way...
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#128731 - 03/09/05 11:16 AM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
Bohm Organs USA Offline

Loc: St. Louis, 63088 MO
Thanks to all who emailed us after our posting here. The Silverbird Rack retail price starts at $7,000 with basic equipment.
And for all MIDI- Freaks: Everybody who know Böhm, they know that Bohm has the best and the complexest MIDI system in their instruments. Our Instruments have 4 MIDI-IN, 4 MIDI-OUT, 4 MIDI-Thru. And you can use them all at on time on all MIDI channels.
No other instrument has more MIDI Features as Böhm instruments. Also we developed the B4D for Native Instruments too. It was the only MIDI controller who can work properly with NI B4 Software. That why NI want to have our product. Only difference is, the NI B4D has a low scale software on it, the Böhm B4D the full version with much more features. Böhm have a big difference between Wersi and themselfes. Böhm build custom instruments in any wood or color. Wersi has only that what they have on their list.
At the moment we build a custom made Emporio 600 in original Porsche Carerra Silver and a Silverbird 8p in a crystal baby grand for on of our customers. The MD 42 is also available as a MIDI controller keyboard without the NI B4 software and PC.
And a little secret from me: Is someone from the UK or Germany knowing the austrian entertainer Udo Juergens?. He play on stage a crystal Schimmel Grand since over 20 years. Guess who build the cabinet and the MIDI controller for Schimmel.

#128732 - 03/09/05 12:41 PM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Bohm Organs Usa;

I read your comments with interest. If you are going to make statements, you should be sure that they are factual. Or at least make your statements using words like " I believe, or possibly" Firstly, I would like to tell you that current Wersi systems do not take 15mins to start-up ( far from it). The CPUs do not overheat!! If so, then Intel has a problem, because those are the chipset that are used. I have not heard of any recalls or problems with P4s, have you?

The sounds/styles for the Emporio 600 are pretty good, but I don't know how they compare to the silverbird line. Further, it is not evident as to what sound engine that the Bohm uses, as it is not in your brochures.

Comparitively, Wersi, Open labs, LionsTracs have an open ended operating system which are very inpressive, and allows for upgradeability. How does the bohm compare? Is the silverbirds upgradable without having to buy a new keyboard?

Although it is nice to have ones choice of colors /woods ( I think that fact is much more important for the home organ market where the waf is present), musicians more highly rank sound/styles,features & ergonomics. They would much rather , you speand the money on internal components ( software/hardware, sound, styles etc..)

As for your comment: "Another personal comment about Bohm is too expensive: You can not have a Mercedes if you can only afford a Volkswagen" I don't think musicians/players want something for nothing, but they do want a proper price to performance ratio. They don't want to pay for a Mercedes when all that they are obtaining is a volkswagon.
Competion among top model arrangers, is fierce. Players expect more for their money. $7000 for the base level rack module( what options does one have to pay extra for?) is a considerable amount of money. What extras is one obtaining compared to the competition?

I guess I should ask, who is Bohm's competion for the Silverbird keyboard line? ( ie silverbird 5,7,7p, maybe 8p)

Thank-you
Regards;
BN

#128733 - 04/25/05 02:21 AM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with other members about mark shakespeare. His live performances were spectacular. If anyone is interested I have most of his recordings available through my shared folder on kazaalite. This is like kazaa but without the adverts etc. The software filename is kazaalite.2.7.exe. I use the beta4 version.
I think my shared folder is also available through the normal kazaa if you are already a user

#128734 - 04/25/05 03:51 AM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dear BlkNotes
You have full right and I agree in your last post.
I think that Bohm ( and the others ) dont saw or dont want see what the others ( like Mediastation) can offer..
Maybe is beter that they give a look again: http://www.lionstracs.com/index.php?module=Static_Docs&func=view&f=/screenshots.html

Bohm wrote:
And for all MIDI- Freaks: Everybody who know Böhm, they know that Bohm has the best and the complexest MIDI system in their instruments. Our Instruments have 4 MIDI-IN, 4 MIDI-OUT, 4 MIDI-Thru. And you can use them all at on time on all MIDI channels.
No other instrument has more MIDI Features as Böhm instruments. Also we developed the B4D for Native Instruments too. It was the only MIDI controller who can work properly with NI B4 Software.

com on...MAYBE this was 10 years ago...
Mediastation X-76 and the WKX-76 Organ, startup with Jack Audio/Midi connection and will open in default 8 Midi IN and about 20 Midi OUT's. The X-76 Midi routher will connect all in realtime any midi device, like the DSP, IN/OUT device, Linuxsampler, Synthesizers, plus all the added VST plugings and music application
here the example: http://www.lionstracs.com/modules/Static_Docs/data/gui/snapshot8.png

We run the NI B4 too and with ALL the B4 functions linked in the hardware buttons and drawbars in the sliders..
Look well again the demos made with the WKX-76..is the probe.. http://www.lionstracs.com/index.php?module=Static_Docs&func=view&f=/demos.html

About the startup system, Bohm have a LITTLE right, the PC system need time to loading all the OS and configuration, but depend how fast is the CPU and how is configured.
Mediastation right now, need about 50 seconds for startup, but in the next FREE updating system, we will use the " SUSPEND MODE", then in this way the startup need about 14/18 seconds only.

Next soon release is the new Audio-Midi arranger, with Wav and MP3 support, direct streaming from Disk, without limits files size and full high quality Transpose/Tempo change, SAME like the midi.

So....I DONT want totally make and DONT think there that I will make the arrogant, BUT after the Musikmesse in Frankfurt 2005, we dont have really NOTHING to learn from the others and really nobody can compete with Mediastation.
If I say some wrong, just let me know and let me see what is better...

About the price...
Well, officially in the web, mediastation maybe is expensive, but somewhere here in Italy, some Dealers sell the X-76 around Euro 2700...( or less)...

Regards
Domenik

#128735 - 04/25/05 11:12 PM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
cosel Offline

Loc: cyprus
Dear Mr/Mrs ... behind Bohm Organs USA,
it is very nice that you have decided to market the Bohm products in the USA.
High quality products with many selling points.
I beleive that you should concetrate on promoting those points instead of being arrogant and trying to convince everyone how ''useless'' other brands are.
Other companies,i.e. the people in the R&D ,are continuously trying to improve their products, like our friend Domenic and co at Lionstracs or Mr U.Wildhack and co at Wersi.(And for that matter people behind Bohm and every other company).
I respect the work of all these people who struggle to advance the technology in their field.
Every brands technology have its pros and cons.
But nobody is entitled to say ''I am the best and f*** the rest!''

#128736 - 04/26/05 08:48 AM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
BlkNotes Offline

Hi Cosel;

How have you been? I have not seen you here for some time. Have you upgarded your software? I am sure you know that there is a OAS Ver. 7.0 just released. Do you have any experience with it?

PS-what is your email address so that I may contact you from time to time.

Thanks
Regards;
BN

#128737 - 04/26/05 09:55 AM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Domenik;

Can you give an email address that I may contact you at. This information is not available on your webpage.Thank-you

Regards;
BN

#128738 - 04/26/05 10:52 AM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
cosel Offline

Loc: cyprus
Hi Blknotes;
Yes indeed,I have been extremely busy with my software development business for some time now, so no much time for anything else.
Unfortunately I have not done any upgrades on my Abacus,and on top of that I started my summer(playing)season.So probably the upgrade will be postponed.
Of cource(!) I know that OAS V7.0 will be released soon and it just looks moving to the right direction.(direct VST intergation ,more sound generators etc).I have to find out if I have to go through all the updates (4,5 and 6)before installing V7..
Also the XeniOS double keyboard looks promising -especially if the weight is only 20kg.
I am shue I will find a way to give you my email adress without exposing it to the internet and I will keep you posted.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online