SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#128719 - 01/26/05 02:56 PM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
I have heard, over the years, many concerts by top organists in the UK on every make and model of electronic organ that has been on the market during that time. In my opinion Bohm produce the finest sounding instruments that have ever been made and if I ever win the Lottery one of them will be my first purchase (after the champagne).

All I would then want is to resurrect the late Mark Shakespeare to play it for me

Trevor

#128720 - 01/30/05 12:16 AM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
Anonymous
Unregistered

In the Bohm brochures it specifies
"32 track arranger". This is in addition to "32 track sequencer". Has anyone heard a Bohm and do the styles make use of the possible 32 tracks ?

Sam

#128721 - 01/30/05 09:00 AM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
This great instruments have been around many, many years, at one time Wersi's counterpart in Germany, I became aware of both brands in early 80s, in the AOAI shows, aldo Bohm electronics was not present, someone gave me part of their literature and I inquire more info from them.

#128722 - 01/30/05 09:10 AM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
jeremy_norbury Offline

Loc: Amsterdam,,The Netherlands
Mark Shakespeare is dead?

#128723 - 01/31/05 12:49 PM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Hi Jeremy

Sadly I'm afraid yes he is. He died about 4 years ago at a very early age of a mystery illness. For me he was the greatest electronic organist I have ever heard and that includes Herr Wunderlicht.

Trevor

#128724 - 01/31/05 01:08 PM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
I can't remember I've noticed the name or heard any records
of him, so I did a search and found this webpage: http://www.markshakespeare.co.uk/intro.html

Thought maybe it would be for any interest for some.

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#128725 - 02/12/05 09:06 PM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by trevorjohn:
Hi Jeremy
Hi Trevor
Sorry for butting in:-
I couldn't help seeing your comments on Mark Shakespeare and the Böhm organs. For many years I lived only a few yards from Mark in Plympton/UK(his family still lives there) and attended a number of his concerts. Yes, he was fabulous and always gave a very electrifying performance, in particular his versions of "Tico Tico" and "Phantom of the Opera" have to be heard to be believed. The Böhm organs have always been years ahead of their time. In particular they were producing digital organs 2/3 years ahead of Wersi. In fact I have one of their first ones, a Böhm Orchester 2002 Digital organ, and was in fact the organ owned by Mark and used on his European tours. I have now got it all working but must sell it since I also have a Wersi Galaxy and an Allen 435 Theatre organ, all under the same roof. If you want to see a photo it is on ebay(UK) - it is going for the rediculous sum of £525 (I'm told it cost £30,000 to build.

Regards

Alf

. [/B][/QUOTE]

#128726 - 03/08/05 07:03 PM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
Bohm Organs USA Offline

Loc: St. Louis, 63088 MO
Hi to everybody.
We use no technology from other brands. We have our own technology. And we build custom organs. Do you know that the Wersi OAS needs up to 15 min. to bootup and reboot. I heared from a Wersi Dealer that the Organs have a lot of problems with the CPU (Overheating). I was working over 25 years at Wersi in Germany and i know very well any Wersi instrument. I choose Böhm, because they are more reliable and sounding better and the cabinets are handcrafted. Personal comment: Technics was not bad, but they got
passed because their old PCM technology. And at least. We at Bohm don't use Yamaha sound boards in our organs like Wersi.

The Drawbar organ MD 42 is a very good seller, because a lot of gigging musicians and churches like this leight weighted organ.

Another personal comment about Bohm is too expensive: You can not have a Mercedes if you can only afford a Volkswagen.

Just wondering about if Böhm is a brand any of you've heard of?
Pretty new for me, and I've never seen any post about it here at SZ as far as I remember.

Found it at: www.bohmusa.com

8 different Böhm Silverbird versions are availiable:

Silverbird 5 (5 octave)
Silverbird 7 (76 notes)
Silverbird 7p (76 notes with hammer feeling)
Silverbird 8p (88 notes with hammer feeling)
Silverbird 25 (2 x 5 octaves)
Silverbird 27 (2 x 7 octaves)
Silverbird ‘rack’ (organ expander)
Silverbird ‘accord’ (with different accordion keyboards)

A kind of "Wersi" maybe?

GJ

Sorry for the messy title of this topic,
should have been ..."any of you've heard about"

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 01-25-2005).][/B][/QUOTE]

#128727 - 03/09/05 04:47 AM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I'm a little confused by this last post.

Gunnar is this you or is this a response from the vendor: Bohm Organs?

If it is Bohm Organs, then a big welcome to you from our little keyboard heaven on the net.

I have taken the time to investigate Bohm Organs and I must say they sound very impressive with an impressive list of features.

To be honest, I own a Wersi Alpha DX350 which I bought about 12 years ago. That was a BIG mistake. I would never buy Wersi again. But at the same time, I am also very shy of vendors who do not have a major presence in the USA. Products like Open Labs Necko and Liontracs scare the heck out of me as far as pricing, support, and support infrastructure like public forums, Bulletin Boards, and 3rd party support for styles and sounds.

I very much would like to audition your products. Where in the USA can one do this?

Thanks
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#128728 - 03/09/05 04:49 AM Re: Böhm - is this a brand any of you've know any about?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Also, the Silverbird Rack unit looks very interesting.

How much does this sell for in the US?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online