SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#128672 - 12/19/04 01:56 PM Orchestral piece on my Tyros..
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Greetings~ and Merry Christmas one and all!

One week and counting! Best wishes and may all your hopes and longing for that particular piece or pieces of music Gear come true!!

I would like to present a new composition I just recently made on my Yamaha Tyros simply called "Orchestral". It is an instrumental piece.

It starts out slow and progresses steadily with a mounting crescendo at the end.

>>Sometimes simplicity can be a songs strength. I hope you agree..

Here is: Orchestral

PS: I am using a Style as backing and I'm playing the Sweet! Oboe and Live! Allegro and Panel String[s] in the Right hand whilst also playing Choir voices in the Left hand at different points in the song. The song was performed in realtime to my Tyros' sequencer and during recording to my PC multi-track software I did a live String voice over near the end where I played additional String voices on top of the song.

>>And NO Scott.. there is NO midi used at ALL in this song... It is all me with some Style backing. I also provided the Drum fills in realtime with a foot pedal.. Whew! Now that I've got that out of the way..

Thanks for listening... Note: The file is rather large at around 7 MB. If you're on dial-up and you don't have to pay for the bandwidth you use, i.e. 'eat up' , you could start downloading it and go have a cup of coffee and read the paper or something. Or simply hang out here at the Zone while it's downloading if you prefer. If you've got a Broadband or High Speed connection, it will be a piece of cake to download.

Another PS: The Drums kinda sounded funny on the .mp3PRO version I made so I didn't post the .mp3PRO version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Mike

#128673 - 12/19/04 02:42 PM Re: Orchestral piece on my Tyros..
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
very nice!
Happy Holiday

------------------
qqqwq@hotmail.com

#128674 - 12/19/04 06:56 PM Re: Orchestral piece on my Tyros..
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Very Nice Mike,

Very catchy melody and sounds like it should be in a Lloyd Webber musical. (at least that is what it reminded me of.)

If I have one criticism it is that early on in the piece the melody was a little 'choppy' in places.

Still excellent work, I really enjoyed it (and will probably be humming it all night )
Best wishes
Tony

#128675 - 12/19/04 08:17 PM Re: Orchestral piece on my Tyros..
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
I agree with Tony W. while listening, I keept
waiting for the Phantom to come in...good job
nice use of the Oboe....

#128676 - 12/19/04 08:43 PM Re: Orchestral piece on my Tyros..
Ron Pierce Offline

Loc: Fort Myers, FL USA
Very nice, Mike. No choppyness here. The tune loads and started playing almost immediately. I like it!
Ron

#128677 - 12/19/04 09:19 PM Re: Orchestral piece on my Tyros..
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Mike, nice melodic ideas. Great potential movie soundtrack hit. I have to agree with TonyW about the timing (phrasing) sounding choppy & stiff in places. I would love to hear it again, after polishing up the rough spots.

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
And NO Scott.. there is NO midi used at ALL in this song... It is all me with some Style backing. I also provided the Drum fills in realtime with a foot pedal

Mike: Good to hear this.

Ok Mike: the only REASON I had brought up the issue of whether you produced previously posted midi files was because you had initially stated:
"Here are 16 Christmas songs made using my Yamaha Tyros keyboard".

That clearly gives the reader the impression that 'you' yourself had originally performed & recorded the Midi files.

ONLY after further inquiry, did you then acknowledge you didn't actually perform the songs, but merely tweaked the instrument voices of 3RD PARTY midi files for optimal sound on the Tyros. That's good and fine, but was not what you originally claimed. When you post someone else's song material (midi, MP3, or otherwise), you need to credit the actual performance artist, or at least provide the source of the material. I mean, would you want someone else to take one of YOUR prized 'recorded by you' midi songs, tweak them to sound better on their keyboard, and then claim 'they' produced it? I hope I made my point.

Scott

#128678 - 12/20/04 09:40 AM Re: Orchestral piece on my Tyros..
keybplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Ok Mike: the only REASON I had brought up the issue of whether you produced previously posted midi files was because you had initially stated:
"Here are 16 Christmas songs made using my Yamaha Tyros keyboard".

That clearly gives the reader the impression that 'you' yourself had originally performed & recorded the Midi files.

ONLY after further inquiry, did you then acknowledge you didn't actually perform the songs, but merely tweaked the instrument voices of 3RD PARTY midi files for optimal sound on the Tyros. That's good and fine, but was not what you originally claimed. When you post someone else's song material (midi, MP3, or otherwise), you need to credit the actual performance artist, or at least provide the source of the material. I mean, would you want someone else to take one of YOUR prized 'recorded by you' midi songs, tweak them to sound better on their keyboard, and then claim 'they' produced it? I hope I made my point.

Scott

Scott, I was trying to make a little fun out of your various 'inquiries' over the past couple of months about... well, you know. I was just ribbing you a little Scott that's all. You sound like your a little ticked off but no offense was meant or taken btw. The Tyros Christmas songs were 'made' on my Tyros Scott. But what I meant when I said 'made' was that they were recorded using the Tyros, i.e. [the Tyros' sound engine]. I guess I should have made my self clearer but it was unintentional on my part and simply a matter of "written" mis-communication I suppose.

But I appreciate your inquiries Scott. They keep me on my toes for one. And they keep me on the up and up for another. >> Which has been my intention all along btw. But nevertheless, keep 'em coming Scott. If nothing else, for posterity sake..

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 12-20-2004).]

#128679 - 12/20/04 05:17 PM Re: Orchestral piece on my Tyros..
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Hi Keybdplayer,

That was brilliant!!!!

You have created a masterpiece. I listened to your 4:20 min Orchestral Arrangement several times. The tune you composed is very catchy. I like the way you build up and then introduce the full orchestra at around 1:40

I have listened to all your Christmas MP3s that you graciously offered for us to enjoy. I can tell you have a special talent and ear for blending the right voices that brings that evocative warm happy feeling to ones heart.

I see you becoming Stephen Kay’s counterpart for Yamaha. Now I am going to watch this forum every Sunday morning for a new creation from you.

The only suggestion I would have for you is to perhaps invest in Sonar – just to add that final polish and add a little quantization.

Warm regards,

Tapas

#128680 - 12/20/04 07:27 PM Re: Orchestral piece on my Tyros..
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
You sound like your a little ticked off . . . what I meant when I said 'made' was that they were recorded using the Tyros

Hi Mike, me ticked off at you? Nah. I was only stressing the importance of CLARITY, especially when it comes to 'accurately stating' what part you have in the creation of your posted music here that's all.

Quote:

what I meant when I said 'made' was that they were recorded using the Tyros, i.e. (the Tyros' sound engine).

No offense, but is this even a true statement? "confused:

I assumed the ORIGINAL xmas midi sequences were NOT originally recorded on the Tyros at all, but by a musician on another keyboard altogether, otherwise, why would you then need to re-assign the voices (instruments) to more compatible 'Tyros specific' ones?

From what I gather, an accurate description of what you did on those midi files was 'voice re-allocation', not 'recording'.

Mike, I think you're doing a great job with your own recorded (from scratch) music creations of late, and you deserve CREDIT for this, but whoever orignally performed the impressive Christmas midis should also receive credit for their efforts as well. That's all I have to say.

Happy Holidays good buddy,

Scott

#128681 - 12/21/04 07:31 AM Re: Orchestral piece on my Tyros..
keybplayer Offline

Quote:

what I meant when I said 'made' was that they were recorded using the Tyros, i.e. (the Tyros' sound engine).

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
No offense, but is this even a true statement? "confused:

Scott

Scott,

The Christmas songs were made {recorded} "using" my Tyros. My PC recording software is what actually 'recorded' the songs, i.e. made them into .wav (audio) files and then into .mp3's. I see what you're getting at of course and that is are/were they "my" sequences or somebody else's. I made that clear that they were midi files and not my sequences. And I have no idea who made these midis as they are public domain midis and not commercial ones.

I guess the quip: "Read what I mean and not what I write" somehow applies here. Maybe being educated at UC Berkeley has a lot to do with your analytical approach Scott. Which is not a bad thing of course, i.e. {being analytical} - since it does give you and I something to toss back and forth every so often.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 12-21-2004).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online