SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#128264 - 02/23/06 02:28 PM remembering "Klaus Wunderlich"
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi,
I found a interesting site about Klaus Wunderlich, he was a German organist, make's his own recordings without other people. he played live drums and mixed it with organ sounds of Hammond (later he played Wersi organs and also made records on the first "moog synth". Klaus was for me the first steps going in music, i heard the record lp's from my father and was away from his playing, sound and technique.
he sold more than 18 million copies the world over of his music and recieved golden records and 1 golden tape. On this site you can hear a live interview with Klaus for the bbc. This guy was amazing.
Klaus Wunderlich died in 1997.
I have heard two live concerts from him in belgium. His style of playing was the best i heard in popular music.

site: http://www.organfax.co.uk/klauswunderlich.html

regards,

Notlos

------------------

#128265 - 02/23/06 11:01 PM Re: remembering "Klaus Wunderlich"
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
It was a great privilege to be present at a special demonstration of the Wersi by Klaus Wunderlich some years ago.
It was organised by the local Wersi Dealer in Barnsley and took place at a local hotel.
I had long been a great fan of Klaus and was so thrilled to see and hear him in person.
What a wonderful human. He was so down to earth about his real talent, when he apologised before he began his demo by saying that he had arrived late and hadn't had time to check out the setup and that if he made any mistakes he would raise his hand.
This was a wonderful gesture which brought a lot of laughter each time he raised his hand.
He was my inspiration for buying one of my first Wersi and inspired me to persevere with other KB's.
A wonderful man.
cheers
Eddie Johnson

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#128266 - 02/24/06 07:28 AM Re: remembering "Klaus Wunderlich"
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Totally agree with you notlos and Eddie, Klaus was one of the best along with the likes of Reginald Dixon etc, they don't make them like they used to. I never got to hear Klaus unfortunately but I have plenty of his recordings.

#128267 - 02/24/06 10:24 AM Re: remembering "Klaus Wunderlich"
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I saw him live, as well as having many of his recordings, and he was brilliant, however I must admit for me, Franz Lambert was better.
Anyway here is some 1987 footage you might enjoy. (It’s short but there is very little about)
You may have a short wait to download it from this site, but I seem to remember in a previous post that Craig has problems with yousendit, and this is why I have used Rapidshare this time.
Enjoy.

Bill
http://rapidshare.de/files/14045794/KW1987.avi.html

#128268 - 02/24/06 07:27 PM Re: remembering "Klaus Wunderlich"
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Notlos and Bill,

Thanks for audio interview and the video.
Klaus was a very private guy, and there is not much video /audio available anywhere.

And that's a shame

Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#128269 - 02/25/06 06:22 PM Re: remembering "Klaus Wunderlich"
notlos Offline

hi,

abacus thx for the video of Wunderlich, it's nice to see some years later a video of Klaus Wunderlich here !!! I have also a video that i made on a concert of him several years ago, but only after the concert on the signature session of his records.(it was not agreed to film when he made his concert, only afterwards)

eddiefromrotherham, i can imagine (for me the same in that periode) what it was to hear this fantastic organist, that was also my first meeting with music many years ago !!!

regards,

notlos
www.notlos.com

------------------

#128270 - 02/26/06 02:41 AM Re: remembering "Klaus Wunderlich"
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Dirk (Notlos)
Just took a look at your website and glad I did because you brought back to me memories of my 'courting' days with "Unforgetable"
You make the Pa1 sound great.
Thanks
Eddie

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#128271 - 02/26/06 07:16 AM Re: remembering "Klaus Wunderlich"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Dirk & Abacus: Many thanks for sharing this fasinating thread about the late great Klaus Wunderlich. Interestingly enough, coming from a piano/synth background, and because electronic home 'organ/arranger' music never swept the US as it has in Europe, I never heard of him until I finally discovered the exciting world of organs & arranger keyboards back in 97. I've now added these enlightening Wunderlich audio & video clips to my iPod. iPod RULES! - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 02-26-2006).]

#128272 - 03/05/06 05:03 AM Re: remembering "Klaus Wunderlich"
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Tico Tico Video.
Click the link and scroll down to the bottom.
Enjoy.

Bill
http://www.wersi-orgelstudio.de/videodemos.html

#128273 - 03/05/06 01:50 PM Re: remembering "Klaus Wunderlich"
notlos Offline

Hi Abacus,

On this live demo of klaus wunderlich you can see his great technique of using the two manuals live !!! and also his using of rhytmical groove in the second part of the song on the lower manual that's made him famous !!!! thanks for the great demo you share with us !! Only in the first seconds the mistake of the intro is normal, Klaus never used the automatic accompagment only the drumssection and it was always live start stop (hit the write button !!) . In this time you can record on midi or audio your live tracks and they play automaticly on your song, in his living periode you must do that live and not playing over a drum-midi track !!!

thanks,

notlos
www.notlos.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online