SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#128206 - 07/15/01 09:55 AM Re: Yamaha 9000pro
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Thanx Don!
That's one more "answer" that the Yamaha people gave us. It's not the way the others do it, but - it works!

#128207 - 07/15/01 10:53 AM Re: Yamaha 9000pro
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
HI: Don M
COOOOOOOOL!!!!!! Thank You for the great tip this is realy NEAT
I didn't even think this feature would be of any use, but it is cool
Thanks Again Don You are also cool in my book.
Good luck with your new biz.
Wishing You & Your's all the BEST !!!!!!

Thank You to Fran also, for bring-ing-up the subject.
You help use Yamaha people find something we didn't even know we were missing HA!HA!HA!

Enjoying the 9000 PRO
Denny

#128208 - 07/15/01 01:01 PM Re: Yamaha 9000pro
Jane Offline

Loc: Chandler AZ 85224
Thank you Denny! That is all great information--about the software program and website--and I will check it all out today.

Jane

#128209 - 07/15/01 03:25 PM Re: Yamaha 9000pro
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks for the kind words, friends. Here's another tip. Re-read the owner's manual. Even the bad ones like Solton (sorry X1-ers).
I promise you will learn something every time you read it. Most of the manuals are not very well written but the worst of them will at least point us in the direction of getting the most out of our keyboards.
I'm getting very close to successfully dealing with all the startup problems at the club. The Louisiana laws are sometimes truly baffling, with different agencies overseeing liquor, zoning, and video poker on at least three levels each--state, city and parish (county). Therefore, it has been "hurry up and wait" times 9.
My creditors and my wife have shown admirable patience.
We have completed an annex that contains the dance area, band stand and even the ability to set up a piano bar. This effectively doubled the original size of the club. We're now waiting for governmental blessing to be bestowed by a myriad of assorted inspectors and protectors of the common good.
I will begin working on a designated area for seating for the anticipated arrival of Uncle Dave, Donny, Fran, Tom or any of our firends who come to visit. Boo has already seen the location when he came to sit in with me, but the new addition wasn't started yet.
DonM

#128210 - 07/15/01 07:22 PM Re: Yamaha 9000pro
Uncle Dave Offline

I don't wanna SIT ! I wanna WORK ! I want to be on the Don Tour!
BTW - the three note chord off thingee you told me about only works in the three fingered modes. I guess you knew that. In the Multifinger mode it acts weird - with a loud cymbal crash and a bass part from the lowest note you hit. Back to the drawing board.

#128211 - 07/15/01 07:31 PM Re: Yamaha 9000pro
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'll sit while you're here--the stage will be yours!
I never tried the 3-finger trick in multifinger mode, I guess because I seldom use that mode. Of course it won't work in single-finger mode either.
I suppose I will eventually get back to a Yamaha, but I'm enjoying the Korg for now, even though I miss all the easy-operating features of the 9000. I also miss the harmonizer. Maybe Korg will upgrade this one.
DonM

#128212 - 07/16/01 07:45 AM Re: Yamaha 9000pro
Uncle Dave Offline

I had to stop using the harmonizer and go back to the digitech. It's much too important to me to compromise on the vocals. Maybe if I could play better chords with my left hand I could use it, but for now - I'm at the top of my game and I won't be learning any new techniques in the near futire. It's all I can do learn the songs I need to know!

#128213 - 07/18/01 08:06 AM Re: Yamaha 9000pro
Jane Offline

Uncle Dave,
Do you know whether the styles on the 9000 are the same as the styles on the Yamaha QY70? I'm also wondering what specific qualities the harmonizer in the 9000 lacked compared with your digitech? Jane

#128214 - 07/18/01 08:42 AM Re: Yamaha 9000pro
Uncle Dave Offline

HI Jane,
I don't know anything about the patterns in the QY70, but the harmonizer issue is very complex. I am a NON standard arranger player.I like to play alot of manual bass lines and when I DO use the arranger - I want to trigger it with as FEW notes as is possible. My left hand is only usefull as a bassist. One ot two notes at a time is all I can handle! This presents the problem of triggering the harmonizer from the RIGHT hand, instead of the chord trigger, like they expect evryone to do. The tone & features on the internal harmonizer are top notch, but you cannot get the harmonies to "sustain" from the right hand without laying on the sustain pedal. This makes for a jumbled up mess from whatever sound you chord with. I use a lot of Rhodes and Organ sounds, and it's not possible to play like that. The notes all ring together. I've been trying a workaround - using the keyboard in FULL trigger mode. That way the chord section is triggering the harmonies, but it limits my playing style a bit. It's a trade off - I'm still not sure what I like better.

#128215 - 07/18/01 09:07 AM Re: Yamaha 9000pro
Jane Offline

Hi Uncle Dave,

Thanks for your quick reply - I understand much better now what you are talking about re: the harmonizer. I am used to triggering chords with my left hand so don't think that would be a problem, although sustaining harmonies with a sustain pedal sounds very awkward. (Still making up my mind about which keyboard to buy!)

Maybe someone else will know about the QY 70 styles....

Jane

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online