SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#128160 - 10/20/07 03:27 AM No more arranger keyboards in OMB performance
chahdok Offline

Loc: Geneva - Switzerland
Hi Guys,
In summer 2007, I've been travelling in many italien cities. As we konw the Italiens are very fund of One Man Band(OMB) performance in varouis clubs and Piano bars. I've realized that non of these places performed by Keyboard arrangers but by kind of Midi File player/Karaoke as playback and accompanied by a Digital Piano or Synthesizer. What happened to the Arrangers-Keyboards ? Do they have any market anymore ? Why Korg & Roland and Yamaha create 5000 bucks Arranger Keyboards when the professional use is reduced so much ? Are Arranger keybords once capable to create and performe the styles exactly as a midi file sounds with all details within the midi-songs ? That means more Creativity and control on your performance rather than playback midi-files! Many thanks in advance for your response !

[This message has been edited by chahdok (edited 10-20-2007).]

[This message has been edited by chahdok (edited 10-20-2007).]

#128161 - 10/20/07 05:21 AM Re: No more arranger keyboards in OMB performance
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Hello Chahdok,
First, I'm jealous - I'd love to be able to travel to even a couple of Italian cities.
Did you happen to notice any brand names of the playback machines that you saw? I know that GEM for one, has a powerful arranger module that I think is popular in Italy. The Genesys XP module does pretty much what the Korg, Yamaha and Roland arranger boards do and you can midi anything - that has a midi out - to it.
Ciao,
Jerry

#128162 - 10/20/07 05:26 AM Re: No more arranger keyboards in OMB performance
Dnj Offline

#128163 - 10/20/07 05:52 AM Re: No more arranger keyboards in OMB performance
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Donny,
I did forgot to mention the Midjay. I know that it is even more popular in Italy. When my friend came to this country from Italy, he brought the Midjay that he gigged with it in Italy. He still uses it - he does a couple of nights down your way in South Jersey with it. You may have already met or will meet Giorgio at the solo musicians dinner.
Ciao,
Jerry

#128164 - 10/20/07 05:56 AM Re: No more arranger keyboards in OMB performance
Dnj Offline

Jerry we weere looking for you at the
Solo Musicians Dinner Tuesday night......
No Georgio, No Jerry
But we ALL had a wonderful time for there sure! Great entertainment!

#128165 - 10/20/07 12:30 PM Re: No more arranger keyboards in OMB performance
chahdok Offline

Loc: Geneva - Switzerland
Thanks Jerry. Do you mean that Midjay does what you would expect from a Keyboard Arranger ?
Could you create with Midjay a style from Midi file that sounds exactly like a midi file ? Could you add in the style the sequences which do not change the note while you change the chords or to call these sequences where ever you like? In one word does Midjay bring you exactly the same flavour as midi file played as playback ? Regards Chahdok

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online