SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#128135 - 03/16/05 08:03 AM Re: The Subject Of SoftSynths & Arrangers
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I made a comment on softsyths on another thread. My comment was that they don't interest me I never said that you shouldn't post it, or others shouldn't be interested in them, or that there was anything wrong with them.

For those that are interested they can find alot of help and info here and anybody who shares their time and knowledge should be appreciated.
I'm sorry if you are offended that I am not interested or if you took that as a personal attack.

#128136 - 03/16/05 08:43 AM Re: The Subject Of SoftSynths & Arrangers
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Frank, You are THE MAN when it comes to Softsynths. I'm not interested in them now, but who knows, maybe someday . . .
You certainly don't bother me, I just don't post on the strings because I don't know anything about them. Ignorance is bliss!
Carry on,
DonM

#128137 - 03/16/05 12:12 PM Re: The Subject Of SoftSynths & Arrangers
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
I agree with that what Don said. There is also no need for me to work with 'vst' because I'm happy and pleased with the instruments I actually own.

Don't worry about that, Frank! There are enough people all over the world which are interested in soft synths so keep on posting!

Follow only the sign in your heart - no matter what happens!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#128138 - 03/16/05 12:28 PM Re: The Subject Of SoftSynths & Arrangers
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I think that as long as the subject is arrangers, soft or otherwise, then anything goes... and I've learned much from FLR's posts which have always been on-topic IMHO. But I also think that it defeats the purpose of having an arranger forum if the off-topic posts get out of hand, and that's is what is happening. Softsynths & arrangers are the perfect topic because softsynths may well be the future of arrangers, but just talking about softsynths or any synths that have no bearing on arrangers should go somewhere else... and there's plenty of somewhere else's to choose from. Believe me, I've got plenty of non-arranger things I'm interested in but out of respect to this forum's theme I'm inclined to keep my posts here on-topic.

The ownership and use of arranger keyboards is what drew people to this group and bound it's members together... I don't want to see it drift apart just because some people can't seem to respect that.

#128139 - 03/16/05 01:40 PM Re: The Subject Of SoftSynths & Arrangers
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

I will gadly continue to contribute to this forum - as much as I can. Since I have been spending the vast majority of my time and money on softsynths and soft arrangers my knowledge of hardware based solution is growing dim. So when I saw the link from the software based solutions to the slow down of this forum I became very concerned. I don't want to waste your time, especially the time of the key contributors of this forum. I am merely an old man with modest means and even a smaller mind - but I always try my best.

As I said before, I am very grateful to everyone on this forum for helping me understand and evolve this subject.

Thank you

#128140 - 03/16/05 03:25 PM Re: The Subject Of SoftSynths & Arrangers
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Frank,
your help has been invaluable. Obviously softsynths & software arrangers isn't for everybody, but for me, it's helped me focus on getting back into playing music, instead of lusting after every new keyboard that hits the market and wondering what new features it has to offer to help me sound better.
I've had far too many to count over the past 15 or so years (and I've enjoyed every one of them) but now I'm back to where I started, playing piano ( digital this time round) , but, with one exception, I have omb/laptop/softsynths for when I want to play with arranger functions.
Best part is, this arranger is totally upgradeable (or fine as ), ie add new sounds, update arranger software , upgrade computer , upgrade controller. In short, one doesn't need to chuck out the baby with the bathwater everytime one wants to improve the system.

Thanks Frank, I hope you keep posting. As long as the subject is clearly stated in the "Topic" line, I doubt whether most members really mind, they can just skip it and go on to the next topic.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#128141 - 03/16/05 03:42 PM Re: The Subject Of SoftSynths & Arrangers
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
frank,you are a very humble man,but those of us that have been on this site for a long time have gotten to know you and your intentions,for the benefit of the newer members of this site frank was the instigator of the way to go to get much more proffessional sounds from their systems,rather than keep buying new keyboards and not being satisfied, and by testing out the new software and offering advice to the proffessionals on this site,we have many proffessionals in many fields on this site and frank is certainly one of them, mike

#128142 - 03/16/05 03:53 PM Re: The Subject Of SoftSynths & Arrangers
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Frank,

I hope that you know how much I appreciate everything that I've learned as a result of you sharing your knowledge and experiences with software based arrangers and systems.

I joined this forum after I replaced my ancient Korg M1 with an arranger because I thought I could learn something about arrangers and whether they would be relevant to what I wanted to do. By applying some of the info I got here, I learned that a hardware arranger was a great choice for me for live work, and a good scratch pad for studio work. After all of this, I realized I wanted a more complete solution for the studio.

This is where you helped me so much Frank. I learned a lot from you, and as a direct result I became inspired to research further and try to learn more so that I could build a system that suited my needs in the studio.

I consider both of my computer setups to be hybrids of amazing synths and arrangers. I hope everyone will understand if I don't stress this each time I make a new post or reply to a thread about softsynths. The fact that they are hybrids and that they are more flexible than any current hardware solution when it comes to adding new functions or sounds keeps me interested enough to discuss software.

I think everything has it's place. Most if not all here share similar interests in certain areas, but also we are interested in different things. As for me, I wouldn't care if I never saw another "my arranger vs all the others" post, but that doesn't mean that they aren't valid or uesful to others.

Here is another way to look at it. A hardware based arranger player might want to know if the piano sounds better on a Tyros or PA1x. Or maybe should he / she get a module to increase his / her sounds ? In the same way, I might want to know if the piano sound is better in the sgm128 soundfont or in the Fluid 3 soundfont. Or maybe should I get a dedicated sample set instead ? Is there a lot of difference between the two questions ?

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 03-16-2005).]

#128143 - 03/16/05 05:44 PM Re: The Subject Of SoftSynths & Arrangers
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful comments.

#128144 - 03/18/05 07:26 PM Re: The Subject Of SoftSynths & Arrangers
Vquestor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:
I will gadly continue to contribute to this forum - as much as I can. Since I have been spending the vast majority of my time and money on softsynths and soft arrangers my knowledge of hardware based solution is growing dim. So when I saw the link from the software based solutions to the slow down of this forum I became very concerned. I don't want to waste your time, especially the time of the key contributors of this forum. I am merely an old man with modest means and even a smaller mind - but I always try my best.

As I said before, I am very grateful to everyone on this forum for helping me understand and evolve this subject.

Thank you

Frank, I really don't think there is any
connection between discussing software solutions and the forum slowdown.
I had requested at least twice, a little over
a year ago, for a separate Synthzone Software Arranger Forum, and was ignored.
No one is wasting ANYONE'S time - c'mon that's ridiculous. Apoligize for what?
We(all of us), especially you, are providing
very crucial information for the 100% software arranger solution. And the final pieces are all falling into place. We are truly almost there.

[This message has been edited by Vquestor (edited 03-18-2005).]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online