SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#128067 - 01/15/06 02:37 PM trying to buy a G-70
felipsss Offline

Loc: Odessa TX
I've read about the arranger, and it looks very impressive, but it seems that some keyboards came deffective or with bugs.... so can anybody tell me what to expect if I buy one? am I gonna have to wait to get it back from the germans or what??

Also I understand that the demos dont do justice to the actual sound from the PA but since I'm about to buy this keyboard I would really like to have input to make a good desicion, I also would like to know how far is the tyros from the PSR3000 and if I could compare them to the G-70.
I will be using the keyboard to play in churches where there is no musicians and I will be using styles like funk, piano ballad, dance & disco,and some latin styles.
I will aprecciate the help I can get
thanx!!!

Felipe B.

#128068 - 01/15/06 02:59 PM Re: trying to buy a G-70
nielshs Offline

Hi felipe

You can find all information about the G-70 on Roland G-70 User Club Denmark

Regards Niels

#128069 - 01/15/06 10:09 PM Re: trying to buy a G-70
weissefar Offline

Hi Felipe,

No, the keyboard didn't come out deffective. The first keyboard OS versions came out with a lot of bugs. During 2005 Roland has made 4 bugfix releases. With OS2.01 a lot of bugs are solved and the G-70 is a fine arranger keyboard. However, the story doesn't end here, because there are still bugs to be fixed! The Roland G-70 User Club Denmark is created in an attempt to establish a contact between the G-70 users and Roland. This goal has been achieved. Roland uses the User Club website as reference, when working with bugfixing. The user club website has among several other services a "bugs database". Along with that the website has a forum board dedicated to gathering user observations, which sometimes result in creation of bug reports. Luckily the data flow in this forum board is decreasing...

My recommendation to you - taking your situation into consideration - is to go and test the instruments in a shop. We have heard several stories from people buying a G-70, a Tyros, a Korg, a Solton etc. etc. based solely on input gathered from the Internet! Do not make the same mistake! Often these persons get really surprised, when they receive the keyboard, they thought would be the keyboard of their dreams. Why? Because there is SO MUCH more to it than just listening to other people's experiences. You might have your own special criterias for success. Maybe you think that the quality of the keys is the most important thing. Maybe it is the out-of-the-box rate that is your favorite topic!?! Go to the shop and find out for yourself, what you think . and then use the Internet as a reference, or use the fora to ask questions regarding functionality!

#128070 - 01/18/06 02:40 PM Re: trying to buy a G-70
felipsss Offline

Loc: Odessa TX
Quote:
Originally posted by weissefar:
Hi Felipe,

No, the keyboard didn't come out deffective. The first keyboard OS versions came out with a lot of bugs. During 2005 Roland has made 4 bugfix releases. With OS2.01 a lot of bugs are solved and the G-70 is a fine arranger keyboard. However, the story doesn't end here, because there are still bugs to be fixed! The Roland G-70 User Club Denmark is created in an attempt to establish a contact between the G-70 users and Roland. This goal has been achieved. Roland uses the User Club website as reference, when working with bugfixing. The user club website has among several other services a "bugs database". Along with that the website has a forum board dedicated to gathering user observations, which sometimes result in creation of bug reports. Luckily the data flow in this forum board is decreasing...

My recommendation to you - taking your situation into consideration - is to go and test the instruments in a shop. We have heard several stories from people buying a G-70, a Tyros, a Korg, a Solton etc. etc. based solely on input gathered from the Internet! Do not make the same mistake! Often these persons get really surprised, when they receive the keyboard, they thought would be the keyboard of their dreams. Why? Because there is SO MUCH more to it than just listening to other people's experiences. You might have your own special criterias for success. Maybe you think that the quality of the keys is the most important thing. Maybe it is the out-of-the-box rate that is your favorite topic!?! Go to the shop and find out for yourself, what you think . and then use the Internet as a reference, or use the fora to ask questions regarding functionality!

weissefar:
thank you for your comments, I will go and test the keys, but here where I live there is nota single G-70 or in any of the stores chain in the area, so I had to order it and it will be here sometime next week, by the way I live in odessa Tx... (that may explain something).
thank's again
felipe.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online