SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#127848 - 05/07/06 05:39 AM Takin' time to smell the flowers...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
On days when I'm performing I usually sit down at the computer and check the posts on the Synthzone and a couple other forums. If the weather cooperates tomorrow, Thursday and Friday I'll be takin' time to enjoy the upper Chesapeake's waters. Ah yes, life is good!

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#127849 - 05/07/06 06:02 AM Re: Takin' time to smell the flowers...
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
AVAST ME TIMBERS MATE.....good show Gary...
enjoy..there is nothing like the open water.
This is the first time since I was about 19 that I don't have my boat here with me...you
enjoy the Chesapeake's great offerings, crabs, fish, oysterss and KENMOREDAVES restaurant....say hi to Carole..wish I was there with you....
TR

#127850 - 05/07/06 08:44 AM Re: Takin' time to smell the flowers...
cajun100 Offline

Loc: Mill Valley, CA USA
Gary, is that the South River bridge? It's been a while since I was on the waters there. Visting area again in early June, hoping for less than horrible heat and humidity (I live in bucolic northern CA near GG Bridge).

#127851 - 05/07/06 09:52 AM Re: Takin' time to smell the flowers...
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by cajun100:
Gary, is that the South River bridge? It's been a while since I was on the waters there. Visting area again in early June, hoping for less than horrible heat and humidity (I live in bucolic northern CA near GG Bridge).

Hi Mill Valley, I live in San Jose, just down the beach aways
Gary, I have sold all my boats one by one that I traded up all my life and now do motorhome but I stil miss the boats and the water.
I grew up on an island and learned to swim before walking and to row a boat before riding a bicycle. We lived off of seafood during the great depression.
Best to all,
Bebop

#127852 - 05/07/06 02:12 PM Re: Takin' time to smell the flowers...
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
That looks to me like the Chesapeake Bay Bridge on the Eastern Shore side. Gary that picture gives me an empty feeling in my stomach. I used to have a Catalina 27 that I sailed on the Bay for 20 years. You have a great time man. There's nothing in this world quite like sailing a boat on a really great day.

Ciao,

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#127853 - 05/07/06 02:49 PM Re: Takin' time to smell the flowers...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
There are actually two bridges in the photo, one is the U.S. Route 40 East Bridge, the other is the adjacent railroad bridge. Both cross the mouth of the Susquehanna River at Havre de Grace, Maryland. I keep the boat just north of the railroad bridge and the boat's mast clears the bridge's center span by about 4 feet at high tide. I'm really having fun with this thing, and if the weather cooperates this coming week I'm going on a 2-day trip down the bay to Rock Hall. In July I hope to sail it to Point Lookout, which is about 85 miles one way. I'm really looking forward to this, and next year I'm going to cut back on the music schedule to do more sailing.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online