SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#127826 - 08/17/06 02:20 PM Just got the T2, Scott Yee please help or anybody.
Tommy L Offline

Loc: Alhambra, California, USA
Just got the T2, it's as good as the PA1Xpro and trying to set it up and use both of them. I can not find the Wurly piano sound anywhere, it's on the Motif-ES. I can not see the song lyric when playing Karaoke file (.KAR) on T2 (PA1Xpro can display lyric from .KAR Karaoke file). I converted .KAR to .MID using Cakewalk and set lyric track to MIDI channel 4 and still can not see the lyric on T2.

#127827 - 08/17/06 03:22 PM Re: Just got the T2, Scott Yee please help or anybody.
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
i think the tyros2 does not have ALL the motif sounds. The pa1x sounds fantastic but i think it is not as good as T2....but equal to T1

#127828 - 08/17/06 04:22 PM Re: Just got the T2, Scott Yee please help or anybody.
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
For Wurlitzer piano sound go to E. Piano press VintageEP.

I don't use Karoeke but I think you need to have the .KAR suffix rather than mid.

Scott Langholff

http://ScottLMusic.com

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 08-17-2006).]

#127829 - 08/17/06 04:33 PM Re: Just got the T2, Scott Yee please help or anybody.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L:
Just got the T2. I can not find the Wurly piano sound anywhere, it's on the Motif-ES.

Tommy. Rolandfan's right. T2 does not include the Motif-ES's Wurly piano. As ScottL recommends, you may find a similar subsitute though. In addition to the standard PANEL VOICES, you can find more in EP pianos in the Tyros2: GM & XG Piano Voices section. To navigate there, select the PIANO VOICE bank button, select PRESET tab, then press the upper portion of the '8' button under the right corner of the LCD screen repeatedly. Select folder Page 2. Select GM & XG Voices and/or GM2 Voices. Select respective folder called PIANO. There you select MANY MORE pianos (includes EPs) not included in the standard PANEL voice section.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L:

I can not see the song lyric when playing Karaoke file (.KAR). I converted .KAR to .MID using Cakewalk and set lyric track to MIDI channel 4 and still can not see the lyric on T2.

Try one of these fine optimized for Yamaha arranger keyboards Utility programs, and of which features: 'Kar to Midi' with lyrics Conversion:

PSR UTILITY , by Heiko Plate

Kar2Mid hosted on Jørgen Sørensen's website site.

Midi File Player , by Michael Bedesem.

All three above gentleman are distguished supporters of the Synthzone & our Yamaha arranger keyboard community.

Good luck.

Scott

#127830 - 08/17/06 05:59 PM Re: Just got the T2, Scott Yee please help or anybody.
Tommy L Offline

Loc: Alhambra, California, USA
Thank you sooo... much ScottYee, ScottL and Rolandfan, I appreciated all of your helps and I'll give it a try with those utility conversion programs. I can't wait to try it out so I can enjoy the T2 even more...
-------------------------------------------
FYI: I'd like to share this with you guys.
I bought BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer from Guitar Center and had a chance to try it out. It's a keeper, it really enhances the vocal and keyboard sounds. It add more tight bottom bass sound not booming, even better in high freq especially the drum's parts. You can hear the snare, hi-hat and cymbals even better and it makes the vocal cleaner with more body not muddy sound. It makes the 12" PA speaker sound like a 15". I think it's a well worth $150.00 + tax investment to improve any PA system.
Tommy L.

#127831 - 08/17/06 07:17 PM Re: Just got the T2, Scott Yee please help or anybody.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
T2 has a LOT of processors in it, including compression, enhancer, e.q., effects, etc.
DonM

#127832 - 08/18/06 07:02 AM Re: Just got the T2, Scott Yee please help or anybody.
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
thank u Scottyee

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online