SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#127617 - 11/19/02 08:23 PM Ever hear the Peavey Kosmos?????
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
It's a sound reinforcement processor, similar to , but much better than the Aural Exciter. This single space unit plugs in between the source and the amp and adds an octave of bass BELOW the lowest note, a thunderous lower mid punch, and expander that opens up, separates and imporoves the highs, AND a dedicated subwoofer output.

All I can say is WOW. I tried one today with the Barbettas and it was a night and day difference. I didn't like it too much with the 12" speakers in the past (Mackie, EV) but with a 15" - it really shines.

Check it out today ..... IF you use 15's, that is. It is simply awesome. Brian - YOU need this for your DJ rig. It is wonderful. Simply wonderful.

#127618 - 11/20/02 05:45 AM Re: Ever hear the Peavey Kosmos?????
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
U.D.,

It sounds like a beefed up Sonic Maximizer. I've been using the Sonic Maximizer for about a year and I like it. It doesn't add the bass an octave lower however. Keep us posted!

Tom

Tom

#127619 - 11/20/02 06:42 AM Re: Ever hear the Peavey Kosmos?????
Uncle Dave Offline

Tom,
Yes, it's an upgrade to what the sonic maximizer does, but it takes it to a few new levels. The sub output has a dedicated control, and the high end expander really spreads the sound out. It's hard to shut this thing off after you hear the processed signal. It's a drastic improvement......just like the TC Electronics "Finalizer" that I use in my studio. It's SO efficient, you just turn it on - pick a comression ratio, and it does the rest for you. It really spoils you.

The Peavey Kosmos is the coolest "live rig" accessory I've seen in years. I wonder how it would perform in a studio setting? Hmmmmm?

#127620 - 11/20/02 07:27 AM Re: Ever hear the Peavey Kosmos?????
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've heard the Kosmos, and it is wonderful.
DonM

#127621 - 11/20/02 07:42 AM Re: Ever hear the Peavey Kosmos?????
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
UD, You think this will improve the Mackie Subwoofer sonic quality? I'll look into it. The sub sounds great so far. Thanks for the lead..Brian

#127622 - 11/20/02 07:45 AM Re: Ever hear the Peavey Kosmos?????
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
UB2, I'm not Dave, but the Kosmos is really made for use with a sub bass. You will find it awesome!
DonM

#127623 - 11/20/02 03:44 PM Re: Ever hear the Peavey Kosmos?????
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
How much is it?

Tom

#127624 - 11/20/02 09:29 PM Re: Ever hear the Peavey Kosmos?????
Uncle Dave Offline

In that $275 range. Worth every cent so far.

#127625 - 11/21/02 12:27 PM Re: Ever hear the Peavey Kosmos?????
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Just sold mine for $200. Tried it a while in a recording set up (not live), and still prefer the Aphex (with Big Bottom).

#127626 - 11/21/02 12:36 PM Re: Ever hear the Peavey Kosmos?????
Uncle Dave Offline

I never liked those big bottom effetcs in a studio setting. They introduced more hazzard than help for me. This piece is really intended for live use, as far as I can see. I especially like what it does for the TOP end as well as the bass. The spread that results from it is just wonderful. It makes the brittle, narrow horns in these Barbettas almost bearable !

So, Brian..
I wouldn't expect to hear BETTER bass, just be prepared for more thunder and better highs. It's so stinkin clean too. Much better than trying to EQ this effect.

Like most sonic enhancers, it's tough to go back to the unprocessed signal after listening to the sweet version.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online