I think it would be desirable to turn one's favorite Triton, XV-88, S-80, K2600 into an arranger by hooking it up to a laptop running a software arranger.

I have been communicating with David Castles, the developer of the JammerLive software arranger at SoundTrek, trying to encourage him to facilitate conversion of keyboard styles to JammerLive format. I explained that if he made a utility to convert any common arranger keyboard style format to his own, he would make 7500 styles immediately available to his customers. I am not sure whether he will take this further or not.

However, I do think style conversion to a software arranger is a good idea. I recall there is another software arranger, maybe from Italy. If you know of any other software arrangers, please provide info in this thread. If you have any ideas how to get them included in EMC Styleworks or to provide an alternative utility, I would like to hear them. All that is needed is one software arranger and a conversion utility from one keyboard to that software arranger. (Since EMC Styleworks and Universal Style Bank have seen to it that all styles are available on all common hardware arrangers.)