SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#12718 - 01/02/05 03:19 PM CASIO LK70S KEYBOARD
Anonymous
Unregistered

PLEASE HELP, CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN IN PLAIN ENGLISH HOW TO PUT MIDI FILES ONTO THE KEYBOARD.ALL I GET IS ERR NO FILE ALTHOUGH WHEN I CHECK THE SMARTCARD ON THE PC THERE IS MIDI MUSIC ON IT? I PUT IT INTO THE SMF CONVERTER FILE AND SEND IT TO A CARD READER BUT I CANT SEEM TO GET IT TO THE KEYBOARD,THE DRIVERS ARE LOADED ON THE PC,I HAVE TRIED TO UNDERSTAND ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE CASIO BOOKS BUT FIND THEM DIFFICULT,CAN ANYONE TAKE ME THROUGH IT STEP BY STEP, THANK YOU

#12719 - 01/03/05 06:18 AM Re: CASIO LK70S KEYBOARD
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
I have the wk-3000. In it's use of the SmartMedia card...I need to 'format' the card, using the Casio slot (not the computer). Once formatted, the Casio creates a folder on the Smartmedia card called 'MD_Casio'. All smf files must be placed in that folder to be able to be 'read' by the Casio. The smf files must also be in the 'midi 0' format. I hope this will help you.

#12720 - 01/03/05 07:35 AM Re: CASIO LK70S KEYBOARD
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dear Jim Thank you for your reply to my question,I will have another go at it,I may sound a bit thick but I dont understand Midi`s etc,i have only had the keyboard at Xmas,and not good on the PC either so I dont understand a lot of the jargon,I will do an uninstall of the Casio,and then reinstall it to make sure I get it right and put things in the right folders,,Thank you again Glenys

#12721 - 01/03/05 11:16 AM Re: CASIO LK70S KEYBOARD
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
Concerning midi files.... most music keyboards like the 'midi 0' file format. This format places all the instruments on 1 'track'. A track is best thought of like a tape recorder...you can have a 2 track tape (stereo)...or even a 4 track (each instrument recorded as a seperate part). In a midi track...all the instruments are on 1 track, but can still be seperated...because each instrument is also on a seperate 'channel' (1 to 16).
If you have a computer based music sequencer program (like Cakewalk, or my favorite..Power Tracks http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.htm
).... and look at the most common internet midi file formats (midi 1), you will see that each instrument is on a seperate 'track', rather than all on 1 track. This makes them easier to use...with a computer. The midi 1 files can be 'converted' to the 'midi 0' format...using most any computer based sequencer program, and the 'save as' option, or do a search for 'free midi converter' to get a program to do the job. Best Reguards, jim

[This message has been edited by Jim Wintringham (edited 01-03-2005).]

#12722 - 01/29/05 11:49 AM Re: CASIO LK70S KEYBOARD
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a LK90TV with smartmedia slot, and I have gotten it to work, with the following steps:
1. Make sure the smartmedia card is 3.3V instead of 5V.
2. Make sure it's between 16MB and higher, I tried a 3.3V 4MB card, but cannot be formatted by LK90TV. I bought a 64MB 3.3V and it works.
3. Format it with Casio, and if successful, will empty it and left it with a Casio_MD folder.
4. download MIDIs from Internet
5. use Casio SMF Converter(free download from Casio site) to convert the MIDI file to .cm2 format.
6. copy the .cm2 midi files to the smartmedia card, under the Casio_MD folder.
7. Insert the smartmedida card to Casio..then it should work...

The only glitch that I found is that when I put more than 200 .cm2 files to my LK90TV, it only seemed to recognized from 000 to 199, and not beyond.... Ming

#12723 - 01/06/06 11:31 AM Re: CASIO LK70S KEYBOARD
Anonymous
Unregistered

I followed this advise and converted a few Midi's from the internet it has all worked for me, barring my daughters Lighted Keyboard is only showing the lefthand on converted midi's. Is there a way of getting the righthand melody on lighted keyboard .

#12724 - 01/11/06 09:03 AM Re: CASIO LK70S KEYBOARD
Dídac Offline

I think your problem is a matter of channels. It's no so simple to convert the file. You must put the right hand track in the four midi channel and the left hand in the third midi channel.
To do so you must open the file in a sequencer (Cakewalk, for example, or any freeware sequencer). Check the channels of the track you want to convert. If they are not right you must change them. Done this, you can use the Smfconverter software to put the midi in your keyboard.

Hope this would help you.

Dídac.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online