SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#126935 - 01/05/04 01:45 PM Re: Well Uncle Dave, Talk to us.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi DNJ,
the multi pads feature on the kn7 is great. Especially pads5 & 6 which allow you do a solo using a chord progression.

Yes the multipads on Technics KB's were a favorite of mine and very usefull at many of my gigs.. ever since my Kn5000 years ago...whatever they did after that to the OS has turned me off...so I went else where in search of happiness.....& I'm still looking...so far the Yammys have been doing it well as long as I settle & compromise with certain workarounds on each unit...
I hope the future brings me much more joy on stage....we'll see?

take care

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#126936 - 01/05/04 06:49 PM Re: Well Uncle Dave, Talk to us.
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Donny,
strange, I had a gap of about 4 years between selling my kn5 and buying the kn7. Took to it again like a duck to water. The sounds had improved, ended up with extra instrument tracks , 8 fills instead of 2, 4 Intro's & Endings instead of 2, the ability to create multipads either from scratch or from a midifile ( can't remember if the kn5 had that capability). Also now being able to mix n match style parts to create new styles (I'm not refferring to Easy Composer, as the kn5 had that facility too).
On the whole I still found most of the functions worked the same. Even the new ones weren't all that difficult to learn.
The main thing which did cause a couple of headaches in the beginning was the sd card. Once we understood how it worked, it was a breeze. I doubt if any of the kn7 owners would go back to using floppy disks, having to wait 30 seconds or so, for the darn thing to load a style or sequence. That loading time must have been a bit of a nightmare for performers.

Anyway, enough prattling, don't get that many opportunities to rave about the kn7, (except on the Technics forum), and it's no use preaching to the converted ( haahaa)

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dnj:
[B] Yes the multipads on Technics KB's were a favorite of mine and very usefull at many of my gigs.. ever since my Kn5000 years ago...whatever they did after that to the OS has turned me off...

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online